Online purchases on your HSBC Credit Card are secured with an additional level of security!
Make online shopping even more secure with the added power of 6 digit One Time Password (OTP) to protect your credit card payment on the internet/merchant IVR systems (Interactive Voice Response) in India . You will get an OTP on your registered mobile number automatically when you use the card for making online purchases at websites that support verified by VISA or MasterCard® SecureCode authentication and /or while using your card on merchant IVR systems *.
Please ensure mobile number’s of Primary & Add on credit cards (if any) are registered with HSBC to avail of authentication via an SMS OTP.
You may update the mobile number in any of the following ways:
1. Call HSBC Phonebanking Service or
2. Send us a Secure message through Personal Internet Banking
3. Submit a written request at your nearest HSBC India branch
To initiate the online transaction, you will be required to enter the following details on the payment page of the website :
1. Card number
2. Card Expiry date
4. CVV2 (the 3 digit number printed on the signature panel at the back of the card)
In addition to the above, some websites may ask you to enter the cardholder name.
Next, you will be required to authenticate the transaction by entering the 6 digit OTP (One Time Password). Please refer the steps below :
1. When you are transacting online, the website will open a new window and display a HSBC Verified by Visa (VBV) / 'MasterCard® SecureCode authentication screen.
2. The transaction details (merchant name, transaction amount, last 4 digits of the card number) will be displayed on the VBV/Securecode authentication screen. Please ensure that the details are accurate.
3. Please enter the 6 digit OTP sent to your registered mobile number on the VBV/Securecode authentication screen, to initiate the authentication process. Similarly in case of an IVR transaction, you will be required to enter the 6 digit OTP using the phone keypad.
4. The card details and the authentication results will be processed by our system; subject to correct card details and OTP being entered and the card account having adequate limit, the transaction will be approved.
5. On transaction approval, the website will display a payment received acknowledgement. In case of an IVR transaction, the merchants IVR system may play out a payment acknowledgement message.
6. A transaction alert will be sent to your registered mobile number confirming the successful transaction.
|Verified by VISA||MasterCard® SecureCodeTM|
|Terms and Conditions||Terms and Conditions|
* This service is applicable for only those merchants who are registered with Verified by VISA and/or MasterCard® SecureCodeTM.
Issuance of credit card is at the sole discretion of The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India. All features and benefits are subject to Terms and Conditions.