What is a net banking payment gateway
A Net Banking payment gateway is a secure and reliable online payment gateway that enables hassle free payment for your online purchases in real-time from your bank account.
You can make payments using an HSBC Savings or Current account. Transactions on net banking payment gateway are permitted only in Indian Rupees.
Benefits of an internet banking payment gateway
Pay for your online purchases at your convenience via online banking.
Safe and reliable
Your payment is fully secured and your information safeguarded.
HSBC payment gateway is free for HSBC Customers.
A variety of merchants
Pay to a wide and ever expanding range of merchants.
How to use the net banking payment gateway?
Step 1. Shop for your favourite goods or service online.
Step 2. On the checkout page, select 'net banking' as the mode of payment.
Step 3. Select HSBC Bank and you will be directed to HSBC online banking login page.1
Step 4. Login using your Internet banking user ID and secondary password or security code generated form the Digital secure key on the 'HSBC India' Mobile app. Select account and preview the details.
Step 5. For transaction below INR10,000, an OTP would be sent to you through SMS to authenticate the transaction. Enter this OTP and confirm the payment.
For transaction above INR10,000 and below INR10,00,000, re-authenticate the transaction using your security code generated form the Digital secure key on the 'HSBC India' Mobile app.
1 HSBC will feature only on participating merchant websites.
Categories of payments that can be made
- Entertainment book movie tickets
- Utility Bill Payments like Mobile, telephone, gas, electricity etc.
- Insurance premium
- Online shopping
Pre-requisites to use net banking gateway
To be able to use this service you need to:
- Have an active savings / current bank account with HSBC
- Be registered for HSBC Personal Internet Banking
a. What is a Net banking payment gateway?
b. And what are the charges for using HSBC net banking gateway?
c. Do I have to register for HSBC net banking gateway?
d. Can I make future dated payments?
e. What are the transaction limits?
f. How do I know if a merchant accepts HSBC for net banking payment option?
g. And what happens if I have insufficient funds in my account?
h. Can I log in to the net banking payment gateway using my security code generated form the Digital secure key on the 'HSBC India' Mobile app or secondary password?
i. What should I do if I have not received the SMS OTP?
Terms and Conditions for Net Banking Payment gateway
- The customer using this facility authorizes the bank to honor instructions given by the customer, to debit their account for online payments to be made to merchants for products or services which are sold online.
- The customer by using the facility has provided consent for the bank in receiving the billing details from the merchants who sell their products or services online
- The customer agrees that that while the bank will take all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the payment details, the bank is not liable for any error in the payment details and the bank shall not be responsible for any loss, damages, etc. that may be incurred/suffered by the customer in this regard.
- The customer agrees that any disputes in relation to payment details will be settled directly by the customer with the merchant and the bank's responsibility is limited to provision of only payment details held by the bank in relation to the payment.
- The customer agrees that the record of the instructions given and transactions with the bank shall be conclusive proof and binding for all purposes and can be used as evidence in any proceeding.
- The bank will not be responsible for the quality or merchantability of any of the products sold or services offered/sold to the Customer by the merchant online. The customer agrees that any disputes regarding quality, merchantability, non-delivery and delay in delivery of the Products/Services or otherwise will be dealt with, by and between the merchant and the Customer directly and the Bank shall not be a party to such dispute.
- The customer agrees that all refunds due to non-delivery of goods / rejection of the goods will be done at the request of the online store or online shopping site.
- The bank is at liberty to withdraw at any time this facility, or any services provided hereunder, in respect of any or all the account(s) without assigning any reason whatsoever, after giving a 30 days'notice.