The HSBC India Mobile Banking app has arrived
At HSBC we're continuously evolving and adapting our services to meet your banking needs.
We've introduced the new HSBC India Mobile Banking app for our India customers. Designed with a new look and a more user-friendly interface, this app makes mobile banking with HSBC an easy experience.
- Log on more conveniently with your 6-digit password, Face ID or Touch ID
- View all your local and global HSBC accounts at a glance
- Set up transfers among your accounts or to beneficiaries more easily with our streamlined process
- View and download last 15 statements for your bank account and last 12 months' statements for your credit cards
- Open a Fixed Deposit account or apply for a Personal Loan through the app in a few hassle-free steps
- Use Loan on Phone feature to pay off multiple credit card transactions with one installment plan
Want to see how the new features work? We'll show you how.
How to download the app
The app is available on the App Store and Google Play. Just search "HSBC India".
iOS users can also text "IMB" to 575750 to download the app. For Android users, text "AMB".
Fees and charges
There is no additional service charge for using any of our HSBC digital banking services. Standard banking fees and charges will apply for certain transactions and services through the HSBC India Mobile Banking app. View more on Online Banking fees and charges.
Data charges from your mobile service provider may apply. Roaming charges may also apply if you're using this service abroad. Contact your mobile service provider for more details.
HSBC India Mobile Banking app uses the same security features as Personal Internet Banking. We won't store your data, including log on details, in the app or SIM card. The log on verification process is done in our system so your security is ensured.
Key security features
- Security Device issued for your Personal Internet Banking, the token allows you to generate a security code to perform select banking transactions
- Session timeout
Session logs off automatically if the app remains inactive for 15 minutes or if you forget to log off
Keeping your device secure:
We recommend you only install apps from official app stores. Don't respond to pop-ups, messages or emails with links asking you to download apps as they may be phishing attempts.
Dos and don'ts
- Don't store your HSBC digital banking username and password on your mobile device.
- Install the latest anti-virus or anti-spyware software on your mobile device and keep them updated.
- Avoid sharing your mobile device with others and use your own device to log on.
- Don't leave your mobile device unattended after logging on to HSBC online banking. Always log off properly after your session.
- Clear all your data on your old device before replacing it.
- If you lose your mobile device, review your transaction history using Personal Internet Banking. If you see any suspicious transactions, contact our Customer Service Hotline immediately. You should also remove any suspicious devices under the 'Manage device' section.
- Set up auto lock and enable passcode lock to prevent unauthorised access to your mobile device.
- When using a Wi-Fi connection, only use trusted networks or service providers and enable security protection such as Wi-Fi Protected Access.
- Disable Bluetooth if you aren't using, or set your device to non-discoverable. (What's non-discovery mode?)
- Use the default browsers that came with your mobile device instead of installing new browsers from other sources.
- Don't use any jailbroken or rooted devices to log on to mobile banking.
- Don't install apps from untrustworthy sources and understand what permissions the app is asking for. Don't use untrusted custom virtual keyboards.
- Keep your mobile device's operating system updated and enable data encryption if possible.
- Always directly type in the full web address 'www.hsbc.co.in' or download the HSBC India Mobile Banking app from the app store to avoid phishing websites.
Q: How secure is online banking?
A: Our online banking platforms are extremely secure. For more details, please refer to the Security Features section above.
Q: Which kind of mobile devices can I use the app on?
You can use the HSBC Mobile Banking app on devices with the following operating systems:
- iOS 10.3.3 or above and
- Android 5.0 or above
Q: Can I still log on to the HSBC India Mobile Banking app if I have no internet access on my mobile device?
A: No. You need a mobile or WI-FI data connection to access the app. Charges from your service provider may apply.
More questions? Read our mobile banking FAQ