The new HSBC India Mobile Banking app has arrived
At HSBC we're continuously evolving and adapting our services to meet your banking needs.
We've introduced the new HSBC India Mobile Banking app for our India customers. Designed with a new look and a more user-friendly interface, this app makes mobile banking with HSBC an easy experience.
- Log on more conveniently with your 6-digit password, Face ID or Touch ID1
- View all your local and global HSBC accounts at a glance
- Set up transfers among your accounts or to beneficiaries more easily with our streamlined process
1Only available to iOS devices and some certified Android devices, refer to FAQ for more information.
Want to see how the new features work? We'll show you how.
How to download the app
The app is available on the App Store and Google Play. Just search "HSBC India".
iOS users can also text "IMB" to 575750 to download the app. For Android users, text "AMB".
Fees and charges
There is no additional service charge for using any of our HSBC digital banking services. Standard banking fees and charges will apply for certain transactions and services through the HSBC India Mobile Banking app. View more on Online Banking fees and charges.
Data charges from your mobile service provider may apply. Roaming charges may also apply if you're using this service abroad. Contact your mobile service provider for more details.
HSBC India Mobile Banking app uses the same security features as Personal Internet Banking. We won't store your data, including log on details, in the app or SIM card. The log on verification process is done in our system so your security is ensured.
Key security features
- Security Device issued for your Personal Internet Banking, the token allows you to generate a security code to perform select banking transactions
- Session timeout
Session logs off automatically if the app remains inactive for 15 minutes or if you forget to log off
Keeping your device secure:
We recommend you only install apps from official app stores. Don't respond to pop-ups, messages or emails with links asking you to download apps as they may be phishing attempts.
Dos and don'ts
- Don't store your HSBC digital banking username and password on your mobile device.
- Install the latest anti-virus or anti-spyware software on your mobile device and keep them updated.
- Avoid sharing your mobile device with others and use your own device to log on.
- Don't leave your mobile device unattended after logging on to HSBC online banking. Always log off properly after your session.
- Clear all your data on your old device before replacing it.
- If you lose your mobile device, review your transaction history using Personal Internet Banking. If you see any suspicious transactions, contact our Customer Service Hotline immediately. You should also remove any suspicious devices under the 'Manage device' section.
- Set up auto lock and enable passcode lock to prevent unauthorised access to your mobile device.
- When using a Wi-Fi connection, only use trusted networks or service providers and enable security protection such as Wi-Fi Protected Access.
- Disable Bluetooth if you aren't using, or set your device to non-discoverable. (What's non-discovery mode?)
- Use the default browsers that came with your mobile device instead of installing new browsers from other sources.
- Don't use any jailbroken or rooted devices to log on to mobile banking.
- Don't install apps from untrustworthy sources and understand what permissions the app is asking for. Don't use untrusted custom virtual keyboards.
- Keep your mobile device's operating system updated and enable data encryption if possible.
- Always directly type in the full web address 'www.hsbc.co.in' or download the HSBC India Mobile Banking app from the app store to avoid phishing websites.
Q: How secure is online banking?
A: Our online banking platforms are extremely secure. For more details, please refer to the Security Features section above.
Q: Which kind of mobile devices can I use the app on?
You can use the HSBC Mobile Banking app on devices with the following operating systems:
- iOS 10.3.3 or above and
- Android 5.0 or above
Q: Can I still log on to the HSBC India Mobile Banking app if I have no internet access on my mobile device?
A: No. You need a mobile or WI-FI data connection to access the app. Charges from your service provider may apply.
More questions? Read our mobile banking FAQ
Mobile banking terms and conditions
These terms and conditions are applicable to the existing customers (Customer) of The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India (HSBC India), who are eligible to download the Mobile Banking application, for use of Mobile Banking services (Service) provided by HSBC India . This Service is currently available on iPhone/iPads with iOS version 10.3.3 and above, Android phones/tablets with version 5.0 and above.
The Customer must read these terms and conditions carefully before using the Service. By accepting these terms and conditions the Customer shall be deemed to have consented, to the use of Mobile Banking facility launched by HSBC India and will also be deemed to have accepted and will be bound by these terms and conditions, as amended from time to time, as displayed on HSBC India's website www.hsbc.co.in. For transacting through Mobile Banking these terms and conditions shall be in addition to the Personal Internet Banking Terms and Conditions applicable to the Customer. Any change in the Personal Internet Banking Terms and Conditions will be applicable for Mobile Banking customers also.
These Terms and Conditions explain the responsibilities and obligations relating to Service and information that the Customer may use or request from HSBC India, or HSBC India may provide to the Customer through HSBC Mobile Banking.
These Terms will be displayed at the time of Mobile Application Download and will not be displayed again on subsequent visits to the application site unless HSBC India changes them, at which time they will be displayed for Customer review and acceptance. These Terms will however be available for viewing, on a hyperlink on the pre-logon page of HSBC Mobile Banking and on the Public Website.
In these Terms and Conditions, the following terms shall have the respective meanings as indicated below:
'HSBC India' means The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India, a Company incorporated under the Companies Ordinance of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), having its Registered Office at 1 Queens Road Central, Hong Kong and its India corporate office at 52/60 Mahatma Gandhi Road, Fort, Mumbai 400 001 (hereinafter referred to as "HSBC India")
"Customer" means any person who holds an account with HSBC India.
"Data Connection" means any GPRS, 3G, wired/wireless internet connection, or any other network that permits the Customer to access the Facility from his Mobile Handset.
"HSBC Account" means any account of the Customer with HSBC India, which may be savings/current/fixed deposit/credit card account/loan or any other account with HSBC India.
"HSBC Mobile Facility" or "Services" means the facility, available as a mobile application which allows the Customer to carry out transactions from his Mobile Handset.
"Log on Credentials" or "Credentials" means the Personal Internet Banking User ID, and password/6-digit PIN and/or biometric authentication that are to be used by the Customer to authenticate himself prior to accessing the Facility.
"Mobile Handset" means a mobile phone, tablet, or any other remote access device that supports access to the Facility.
"6-digit PIN" means a confidential 6 character numeric personal identification number created by the Customer for accessing Mobile Banking Service.
"Password" means a confidential 8 character alphanumeric Password created by the Customer for accessing Internet Banking Service.
"Security Device" means an electronic device designated by HSBC India for use by Customers to generate the Security Code which will generate a one-time passcode of 6 random digits which changes every 16 seconds.
"Security code" means a one-time 6 digit Password generated by the Security Device for use by a Customer to access the Services, which changes every 16 seconds.
"Terms and Conditions" means these Terms and Conditions including any amendments, modifications and any and all annexures, schedules, exhibits, appendices attached to it or incorporated by reference from time to time. Terms used hereunder but not defined herein shall have the meaning assigned to them under the HSBC Account Terms and Conditions and/or Personal Internet Banking Terms available on our website www.hsbc.co.in.
"One Time Password (OTP)" means a 6 digit dynamic passcode sent to the Customer's registered Mobile number by HSBC India.
"Biometric authentication" means fingerprint and/or face ID recognition that the Customer can use to access the services and authorize transactions on the Mobile App, if the device supports this functionality.
The Customer understands and acknowledges that this Facility is an extension of accessing the Personal Internet Banking Facility on www.hsbc.co.in and that all users of this Facility shall also be bound by the same Terms and Conditions that govern the Personal Internet Banking Facility and Personal Internet Banking Terms and Conditions
- Governing Terms and Conditions
- Use of the Services
- To access the HSBC Mobile Banking facility, the Customer needs to be registered for Personal Internet Banking and use the same User id and Password for logging into Mobile Banking. Any change in the passwords, will have to be done through Personal Internet Banking only, and will not be available through Mobile Banking.
- To access the HSBC Mobile Facility for the first time, the Customer is required to download the Mobile Banking Application from Play store on Android and App Store2 on iOS.
- The Customer can log into HSBC Mobile Facility either by using the Personal Internet Banking passwords or 6-Digit PIN or Biometrics authentication for supported devices.
- Whilst HSBC India facilitates basic Internet Banking access after validating the Username, Password, it may, in its sole discretion require a Customer to use the Security Device or an SMS passcode to access select Internet Banking services. This will be informed to the Customer 30 days prior to the functionality being introduced.
It will be the sole responsibility of the Customer to order a Security Device on the HSBC India's Internet Banking site or request for a replacement Device by calling the Contact Center if the Security Device previously issued has failed to function, or report the same lost/misplaced as the case may be. The Customer shall be liable to pay charges as specified in tariff sheet available on HSBC India's Website for procuring the Security Device.
- Customers will be using the following credentials:
- Username in combination with any of the following credentials
- Password and SMS OTP sent to their registered mobile number or Security Device.
- 6-digit pin3
The Customer is allowed to have the mobile app in not more than the permitted devices provisioned by him/her and multiple users will not be able to use the app on the same device.
3For all mobile X supported iOS devices and select Android devices which support fingerprint access, the Customer may logon to Mobile Banking through biometric logon credentials which will be the fingerprint registered by the Customer on the device. iPhone X users will be able to use the Face ID functionality to log on to Mobile Banking.
Users will be able to use the app to view and disable other devices that have been provisioned using the same username. Users will be able to recover their 6-digit PIN if they forget it by leveraging the credentials used during initial set up.
By accepting the T&C's, the user is accepting that their registered biometric credentials (face/touch ID/fingerprint) will be used to authenticate for log on to the Mobile Banking from the provisioned mobile device.
- The Customer shall act in good faith, exercise reasonable care and diligence in keeping the Username, the Password, the 6-digit PIN, the Security Questions, the Security Device, Security Device PIN and the Security Code in secrecy. At no time and under no circumstances shall the Customer disclose the Username, the Password, 6-digit PIN, the Security Questions and related details and/or the Security Device PIN and Security Code to any other person or permit the Security Device to come into the possession or control of any other person.
- The Customer shall be fully responsible for any accidental or unauthorized disclosure of the Username, the Password, 6-digit PIN, the Security Questions by himself, and/or the Security Code to any other person and shall bear the risks of the Username, Password, 6-digit PIN, Security Questions, Security Device or Security Code being used by unauthorized persons or for unauthorized purposes.
- Upon notice or suspicion of the Username, the Password, 6-digit PIN, the Security Questions and/or the Security Code being disclosed to, and/or the Security Device being lost or otherwise come into the possession or control of any unauthorized person or any unauthorized use of the Services being made, the Customer shall notify HSBC India at the earliest by telephone at such telephone number(s) as HSBC India may from time to time prescribe (and it may ask the Customer to confirm in writing any details given) or email or report it at the branch or any other channel as provided by the bank and, until HSBC India's actual receipt of such notification, the Customer shall remain responsible for any and all use of the Services by unauthorized persons or for unauthorized purposes.
- The Customer hereby understands and acknowledges that certain category of transactions carried out through Facility can only be done to the linked accounts or the accounts pre-registered payee list on HSBC Personal Internet Banking and the Bank shall not be liable in any manner for any delay or failure in transaction due to non-compliance of such prerequisites by the Customer. The Customer shall confirm compliance of all such prerequisites for the transactions.
- Transfer Limits: In order to use the transfer facility through Mobile Banking, the Customer will need to set up third party predesignated and non-designated transfer limits on Personal Internet Banking prior to the transfer through Mobile Banking. Predesignated limits cannot be set up through Mobile Banking. Predesignated limits and non-designated limits can be set up to INR1,500,000 per Customer per day. However, through Mobile the Customer will be able to transfer only up to INR1,000,000 per customer per day. Customers are requested to use Personal Internet Banking for transfers from INR1,000,000 to INR1,500,000 Customers are requested to visit the nearest HSBC India branch for executing outward RTGS/NEFT transaction above INR1,500,000. In context of the above, predesignated limit would mean the limit for Third Party Transfers to other accounts held within HSBC India. Non designated limits would mean limits for Third Party Transfers to accounts held with other banks. Setting up of recurring transfers will not be allowed on Mobile Banking Facility. There will be no separate limit for Mobile Banking Facility. The same transfer limits assigned / setup on Internet Banking will be applicable for Mobile Banking Facility. Thus the limit will be a daily combined limit for transactions done through both Internet Banking and Mobile Banking Facility.
- Bill Payment Limits - The same transfer limits assigned/setup on Internet Banking will be applicable to Mobile Banking Facility. This limit will be a daily combined limit for both Personal Internet Banking and Mobile Banking Facility.
- To avail of Bill Payment services through Mobile Banking Facility, the Customer shall need to add the billers through Internet Banking only. Biller addition is not permitted through Mobile Banking Facility.
- The Customer will be able to open a new fixed deposit through Mobile Banking Facility, however he will need to visit Internet banking for updating or changing any Maturity Instructions for the fixed deposits. For more information on Terms & conditions of fixed deposits, please visit the Fixed deposit section on internet banking
HSBC India reserves the right to charge fees in relation to the use and/or termination of the Services including, without limitation, to impose a charge for its provision of the Security Device and to revise such fees. HSBC India shall give 30 days' notice in line with extant regulatory guidelines, to the Customer of the change in any fees from time to time before they become effective, which shall be binding on the Customer if the Customer continues to maintain or use the Services on or after the effective date. Fees may be collected from the Customer in such manner and at such intervals as HSBC India may specify as per the above guidelines.
- Customer's Undertakings and Responsibilities
HSBC India will take reasonable care to ensure that information about the Customer which is stored or transmitted using the Services remains confidential and is not disclosed to any third parties outside the HSBC Group without the Customer's written permission. However, the Customer authorizes HSBC India to disclose or share Information relating to him or his accounts (as the case maybe):
- to any agent, contractor or Third Party service provider who provides services to HSBC India in connection with the operation of its business;
- in respect of the Customer's application for Third Party Product (if and when made available, apply for any Third Party Product by submitting the relevant application through the intermediary of HSBC India), to the relevant Third Party provider to the extent necessary for the purpose thereof; and
- where HSBC India is obliged to comply with the orders/directions of regulators, courts, government agencies or other lawful authorities anywhere in the world or where it reasonably thinks it is necessary in order to give effect to any instruction to HSBC India or generally to enable HSBC India to provide the services. The Customer and HSBC India shall comply with all applicable data protection laws.
The Customer confirms that all persons whose personal or other data is transmitted, processed or otherwise handled, have consented to such transmission, processing or other handling under these terms in accordance with the extant laws, or the Customer shall obtain their consent prior to any such transmission, processing or other handling.
The Customer further agrees to indemnify and hold HSBC India harmless from and against all and any actions, suits, claims, proceedings, damages, liabilities, losses, expenses or costs to which HSBC India may become subject to and related to or arising out of any act, deed, thing or undertaking done or committed to be done or due to any willful default and/or negligence or otherwise by the Customer, either by him or any person claiming through the Customer.
HSBC India may revise these Terms and/or introduce additional terms and conditions at any time and from time to time. Any revision and/or addition to these Terms will be made with prospective effect subject to HSBC India giving notice of 30 days, in line with the extant regulatory guidelines, to the Customer which may be given by posting it on the Internet site( s) or by display, advertisement or other means as HSBC India thinks fit, and shall be binding on the Customer if the Customer continues to maintain or use the Services on or after the effective date of variation
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The Services and these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India.
- HSBC India and the Customer submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in Mumbai.
- HSBC India may, however, in its absolute discretion, commence any legal action or proceedings arising out of these terms in any other court, tribunal or other appropriate forum, and the Customer hereby consents to that jurisdiction. Any provision of these terms which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of prohibition or unenforceability but shall not invalidate the remaining provisions of these terms or affect such provision in any other jurisdiction.
2All trademarks are acknowledged and are properties of their respective owners.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.