Why choose a HSBC Demat Account?
We offer you HSBC Demat accounts, armed with an entire range of conveniences specially designed to make your money work harder.
Features & Benefits
You can purchase, hold and sell shares in electronic form
Get transaction statements as and when you transact on Monthly basis & your Holding statement on a yearly basis, showing current portfolio of shares
As an NRI, you can easily dematerialise your portfolio of shares in India with us*
You can save time with quick transfers
Say goodbye to risk of loss, theft or mutilation of shares
Now, stop worrying about bad deliveries, forgeries and duplicate share certificates
You can now avail the Basic Services Demat Account offerings of the bank
Ways to open:
Do's and Dont's
- The demat account has a nomination facility and it is advisable to appoint a nominee to facilitate your heirs in obtaining the securities in your demat account, on completion of the necessary procedures.
- Intimate any change of address or change in bank account details to us within seven days
- Register for Internet-based facility to monitor your demat account yourself
- In order to receive all the credits to your demat account automatically; you can give us a one-time standing instruction.
- Before granting Power of Attorney to anyone, to operate your demat account, carefully examine the scope and implications of powers being granted.
- Verify your transaction statement carefully for all debits and credits in your account. If any unauthorised debit / credit is noticed, customer should immediately inform us in writing. An email may be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- While accepting the Delivery Instruction Slip (D.I.S.) book from us, ensure that your client ID is pre-stamped on all pages along with the serial numbers.
- Keep your D.I.S. book safely and do not sign or issue blank or incomplete D.I.S. slips.
- For market transactions, submit the D.I.S. ahead of the deadline. D.I.S. can be issued with a future execution date.
- Strike out empty space, if any, in the D.I.S., before submitting
Apply for a HSBC Demat Account
Want to talk?
IDeAS (Internet-based Demat Account Statement)
The Demat account overview service in Personal Internet Banking is undergoing a change. This service is currently unavailable and will be back shortly. Your demat portfolio details are now available only on the IDeAS Services offered by NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited). Do register for this service at https://eservices.nsdl.com.
This service is free of cost and you will require your Client ID and access to the mobile number registered on your demat account under HSBC’s DP ID - IN300142 to set up the IDeAS service.
IDeAS (Internet-based Demat Account Statement) is the facility for viewing balances and transactions in the demat account updated on an online basis with a delay of maximum 30 minutes.
Key Features of IDeAS
- View the updated demat account balance along with value, based on the previous day closing price
- View transactions that have taken place in your Demat accounts during the last 30 days
Download month-wise statement of transaction for any of the previous 12 months bearing NSDL’s digital signature. This NSDL signature can be verified by using a Signature Verification Utility available on https://eservices.nsdl.com.
Know your Customer (KYC) is a one time exercise and is required while dealing in the securities
Please note that you can update your KYC documents at any one of the SEBI (Securities Exchange
Board of India) registered intermediaries, i.e. a broker, or a Depository Participant (DP) or a Mutual
Fund Asset Management Committee (AMC), etc.
If you have updated your KYC documents at any one registered intermediary, then you need not
undergo the same process of KYC update, when you approach an alternate SEBI registered
Documents & Downloads
You might also consider
Basic Savings Account
Basic savings bank deposit account offered by HSBC India lets you avail banking services without fees or minimum balance in account.
HSBC enables you to enjoy all the benefits of a savings account coupled with the high returns of a fixed deposit.
Other Terms and Conditions
*Approvals required as per extant RBI guidelines.
For customers, new format of the Demat Delivery Instruction Slips (D.I.S.) have been sent to you recently and we urge you to use them going forward. Delivery instructions received in the old D.I.S. format would not be processed and is liable to be rejected if the same is received after 30 days of the receipt of the new D.I.S. booklet or after 6 January 2016, whichever is earlier. For any assistance, do approach the Demat service desk at your nearest HSBC India branch.
Know your Customer (KYC) is a one time exercise and is required while dealing in the securities markets.
Please note that you can update your KYC documents at any one of the SEBI (Securities Exchange Board of India) registered intermediaries, i.e. a broker, or a Depository Participant (DP) or a Mutual Fund Asset Management Committee (AMC), etc.
If you have updated your KYC documents at any one registered intermediary, then you need not undergo the same process of KYC update, when you approach an alternate SEBI registered intermediary.
For investors, prevent Unauthorized Transactions on your demat account.Update your Mobile Number with us, your Depository Participant. Receive SMS alerts on your Registered Mobile number for all debit and other important transactions on your demat account, directly from NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) / CDSL (Central Depository Services (India) Limited) on the same day. Please provide your written instructions to update your number at the Demat Service Desk of your nearest HSBC India branch. This notice is issued in the interest of investors.
For customers, NSDL has developed a new facility on NSDL C.A.S. microsite (https://nsdlcas.nsdl.com/) whereby clients can submit their request to receive statements of accounts in electronic mode (i.e. eC.A.S.) and also update their email ID for the same. Further, these details recorded on the NSDL C.A.S. microsite will be updated directly in their demat account.
Client should ensure the following:
Step 1: Client must ensure the confidentiality of the password of Email account.
Step 2: Client must promptly inform the participant if the email address has changed.
Step 3: Client may opt to terminate this facility by giving 10 days prior notice. Similarly, participant may also terminate this facility by giving 10 days prior notice.