Take your wealth beyond borders
With a presence in more than 60 major world markets, HSBC is truly a global bank. Our global network offers you access to international wealth opportunities, so you can get more out of the world.
As a Premier customer, your status is recognised worldwide, giving you Premier banking services in all markets where you bank with HSBC.
As a Premier customer, you can enjoy Global Premier status and access to our world-class proposition globally.
- Instantly move money between any of your HSBC Premier accounts around the world.
- Global view of accounts and fee-free funds transfer between you and other 3rd party accounts via HSBC Global Transfers.
- You can make a call to the Premier Emergency Hotline at (1) 314 275 6781 which puts you in touch with a customer service representative, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Who can apply?
To apply for HSBC Premier, check that you meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Maintain a quarterly Total Relationship Balance1 (TRB) of INR4,000,000 (Rupees forty lakh only); or
- Have a mortgage2 relationship with disbursal of INR11,500,000 (Rupees one crore fifteen lakh only) or more, with HSBC India; or
- Hold a corporate salary account under the HSBC Corporate Employee Programme (CEP)3 in India with a net monthly salary credit of INR300,000 (Rupees three lakh only) or more into the account
Global Premier benefits:
- When you are meeting the above eligibility criteria in India, you are entitled to Global Premier status in other countries where we offer Premier subject to terms and conditions in the local market7
- If you are maintaining HSBC Premier eligibility in another country, you're already eligible to join Premier in India8 - Simply speak to our Premier team for further help
Complete eligibility criteria
Join HSBC Premier today
Discover more from Premier
Overseas education support
An international education can help broaden horizons. Make the most of studying abroad with HSBC.
Tax consultation services provided by Ernst & Young (EY) LLP India
We understand that as Non-Resident Indians or when moving aboard, you may have finance needs and tax commitments spread across a number of countries/regions including India. HSBC has an arrangement with EY India whereby following key benefits are available to HSBC NRI customers. Please note that HSBC does not provide any tax advice:
Manage your account in India
- A free one-hour complimentary call with EY who will review your circumstances and help you understand key tax laws and generic information
- EY may identify areas where they may be able to assist you further
- This one-hour call is not a substitute for professional advice. Neither HSBC nor EY shall be held liable for any liability arising on account of HSBC Customer relying on such generic advice
- This call will be only between you and EY
- If you decide to become an EY customer, you will receive tax advice tailored to your individual circumstances subject to their terms and conditions
As a HSBC Premier NRI customer upon your request to your Relationship Manager, we would share your contact details with EY, who would contact you directly to take this forward. You may also reach our International Service Center on +91-040-61268007 or +91-080-71898007 who will assist you further.
Note: Disclosing your income to the authorities in countries/regions where you have tax obligations is your responsibility.
Who is EY?
Ernst & Young LLP (EY) is a global organization specialized in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. To know more about EY, click here.
- Offices in more than 140 countries/regions
- Provide tax advice services
- Help you understand your India tax obligation when moving aboard
- Assist with tax return filing
Start a banking relationship with HSBC today and you could avail of the complimentary call from EY on your India taxation. Please call your relationship manager or 1800 120 4722 or +91-80-71898001 if you have any queries.
HSBC customer understands that tax consultation services is solely provided by EY and not by HSBC. By HSBC's referral to EY, HSBC does not accept any responsibility for tax advice provided by EY and any information acted on by you will be at your own risk.
HSBC will not be under any obligation to process all transactions basis advice rendered by EY.
Tax rules vary in each country/region. It is important to seek professional advice. It's your responsibility to disclose your income to the authorities in countries/regions where you have tax obligations.