Secure Online Credit Card Payment Services
Make online shopping even more secure with the added power of 6 digit One Time Password (OTP) to protect your Credit Card payment on the internet/merchant IVR systems (Interactive Voice Response) in India. You will get an OTP on your registered mobile number automatically when you use the card for making online purchases at websites that support verified by VISA or Mastercard® SecureCode™ authentication and /or while using your card on merchant IVR systems *.
Please ensure mobile number’s of Primary & Add on Credit Cards (if any) are registered with HSBC to avail of authentication via an SMS OTP.
You may update the mobile number in any of the following ways:
- Call HSBC Phonebanking or
- Send us a Secure message through Personal Internet Banking
- Submit a written request at your nearest HSBC India branch
Primary Credit cardholders can use either the OTP received by SMS or the Securepay password to authenticate the online transaction. To create the Securepay password or the OTP for IVR transactions, primary cardholders will need to login to Personal Internet Banking and access the Securepay menu option and follow the instructions therein to create the password/OTP.
How Does Online / IVR Credit Card Payment Work?
To initiate the online transaction, you will be required to enter the following details on the payment page of the website :
- Card number
- Card Expiry date
- CVV2 (the 3 digit number printed on the signature panel at the back of the card)
In addition to the above, some websites may ask you to enter the cardholder name.
Next, you will be required to authenticate the transaction by entering the 6 digit OTP (One Time Password). Please refer the steps below :
- When you are transacting online, the website will open a new window and display a HSBC Verified by Visa (VBV) / 'MasterCard® SecureCode™ authentication screen.
- The transaction details (merchant name, transaction amount, last 4 digits of the card number) will be displayed on the VBV/Securecode authentication screen. Please ensure that the details are accurate.
- Please enter the 6 digit OTP sent to your registered mobile number on the VBV/Securecode authentication screen, to initiate the authentication process. Similarly in case of an IVR transaction, you will be required to enter the 6 digit OTP using the phone keypad. Primary cardholders can enter either the OTP received by SMS or the Securepay password for the online transaction. In case of an IVR transaction, primary cardholders can enter either the OTP created on personal Internet banking or the OTP received by SMS.
- The card details and the authentication results will be processed by our system; subject to correct card details and OTP being entered and the card account having adequate limit, the transaction will be approved.
- On transaction approval, the website will display a payment received acknowledgement. In case of an IVR transaction, the merchant's IVR system may play out a payment acknowledgement message.
- A transaction alert will be sent to your registered mobile number confirming the successful transaction.
HSBC Credit Card Bill Pay
Get the convenience of 11 easy payment options for your HSBC Credit Card bill.
- Internet Banking*:
Pay online by logging onto HSBC Personal Internet Banking.
- HSBC Mobile Banking*:
Pay when you are on the move by logging into HSBC Mobile Banking. (You need to be registered for Internet Banking to access Mobile Banking)
- National Electronic Funds Transfer:
Make a payment towards your HSBC Credit Card account via National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT), mentioning the complete 16 digit HSBC Credit Card number. The IFSC code for HSBC is HSBC0400002.
- Bill Desk:
Pay HSBC Bank Credit Card bills online from any bank account through Bill Payment Service.Transfer money from your bank account to your HSBC Credit Card online using the BillDesk facility, a third party website with URL http://billdesk.com/hsbccard/
- VISA Money Transfer^:
Transfer money from your bank account to your HSBC VISA Credit Card online using VISA Money Transfer. Please check with your bank, where you maintain your account, for more details on this payment option.
- Standing Instructions*:
Issue standing instructions to debit your HSBC savings/current account.
- Electronic Clearing System**:
Authorise HSBC to debit an account that you hold with any other bank.
- Mail Cheque/ Draft^^:
Mail your cheque/draft to your nearest HSBC branch. Log on to www.hsbc.co.in to view a list of our branches.
Make a PIN verified call and make your payment over the phone.
- Through ATMs:
Deposit cash or cheque at any HSBC ATM in India. You could also make an ATM Funds Transfer.
- Over the Counter+:
Pay by cash or cheque at any HSBC branch in India.
Visit our contact page to speak to us over the phone, email or online enquiry
Terms and Conditions for HSBC's Verified by VISA
Terms and Conditions for HSBC's MasterCard® SecureCodeTM
Terms & Conditions
* This service is applicable for only those merchants who are registered with Verified by VISA and/or MasterCard® SecureCodeTM.
* Option available for HSBC bank account holders only.
** Option available in select cities only.
+ A 'Cash Payment Charge' of Rs.100, or any other sum as may be decided from time to time, will be levied for HSBC Credit Card bill payments made in cash at HSBC branches & drop boxes.
^This facility is for HSBC VISA Credit Cardholders only.
^^ Please note that post 31st December 2013, non CTS compliant cheques (cheques not compliant to the Cheque Truncation System (CTS) 2010 standards) will be cleared thrice a week only, until 30th April 2014. Thereafter, they will be cleared twice a week until 31st October 2014. From 1st November 2014, such cheques will be cleared once a week only. This is as per the Reserve Bank of India guidelines. Do ensure that you deposit CTS compliant cheques (i.e cheques with CTS INDIA watermark) for your Credit Card repayments to avoid facing delays in clearance and late payment fees. If you do not have a CTS compliant cheque book, please apply with your bank for the same.
Issuance of Credit Card is at the sole discretion of The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India. All features and benefits are subject to Terms and Conditions.