Secure online credit card payment services
Make online shopping even more secure with the added power of a 6-digit One Time Password (OTP) to protect your credit card payment on the internet/merchant IVR systems (Interactive Voice Response) in India. You will get an OTP on your registered mobile number automatically when you use the card for making online purchases at websites that support verified by VISA or Mastercard® SecureCode™ authentication and/or while using your card on merchant IVR systems *.
Please make sure the mobile numbers of primary and add-on credit cards (if any) are registered with HSBC to use authentication via an SMS OTP.
You may update the mobile number in any of the following ways:
- call HSBC phone banking
- send us a secure message through Personal Internet Banking
- submit a written request at your nearest HSBC India branch
Primary Credit cardholders can use either the OTP received by SMS or the Securepay password to authenticate the online transaction. To create the Securepay password or the OTP for IVR transactions, primary cardholders will need to log in to Personal Internet Banking, access the Securepay menu option and follow the instructions to create the password/OTP.
How does online/IVR credit card payment work?
To initiate the online transaction, you will be required to enter the following details on the payment page of the website :
- card number
- card expiry date
- CVV2 (the 3-digit number printed on the signature panel on the back of the card)
As well as the above, some websites may ask you to enter the cardholder name.
Next, you will be required to authenticate the transaction by entering the 6-digit OTP (One Time Password). Please follow these steps:
- When you are transacting online, the website will open a new window and display a HSBC Verified by Visa (VBV) / 'MasterCard® SecureCode™ authentication screen.
- The transaction details (merchant name, transaction amount, last 4 digits of the card number) will be displayed on the VBV/Securecode authentication screen. Please ensure that the details are accurate.
- Please enter the 6-digit OTP sent to your registered mobile number on the VBV/Securecode authentication screen, to initiate the authentication process. In the case of an IVR transaction, you will be required to enter the 6-digit OTP using the phone keypad. Primary cardholders can enter either the OTP received by SMS or the Securepay password for the online transaction. In the case of an IVR transaction, primary cardholders can enter either the OTP created on Personal Internet banking or the OTP received by SMS.
- The card details and the authentication results will be processed by our system. Subject to correct card details and OTP being entered and the card account having an adequate limit, the transaction will be approved.
- On transaction approval, the website will display a payment received acknowledgement. In case of an IVR transaction, the merchant's IVR system may play out a payment acknowledgement message.
- A transaction alert will be sent to your registered mobile number confirming the successful transaction.
HSBC credit card bill pay
Get the convenience of 11 easy payment options for your HSBC Credit Card bill.
- Internet Banking*:
Pay online by logging onto HSBC Personal Internet Banking.
- HSBC Mobile Banking*:
Pay when you're on the move by logging into HSBC Mobile Banking. (You need to be registered for Internet Banking to access Mobile Banking).
- National Electronic Funds Transfer:
Make a payment towards your HSBC credit card account via National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT), mentioning the complete 16-digit HSBC credit card number. The IFSC code for HSBC is HSBC0400002.
- Bill Desk:
Pay HSBC credit card bills online from any bank account through Bill Payment Service. Transfer money from your bank account to your HSBC credit card online using the BillDesk facility, a third party website with URL http://billdesk.com/hsbccard/.
Pay HSBC credit card bills online from any bank account through PayU Payment Service. Transfer money from your bank account to your HSBC credit card online using the PayU facility, a third party website with the URL https://securepayments.payu.in/hsbc-credit-card-payment.
- VISA Money Transfer^:
Transfer money from your bank account to your HSBC VISA credit card online using VISA Money Transfer. Please check with your bank, where you maintain your account, for more details on this payment option.
- Standing Instructions*:
Issue standing instructions to debit your HSBC savings/current account.
- Electronic Clearing System**:
Authorise HSBC to debit an account that you hold with any other bank.
- Mail Cheque/Draft^^:
Mail your cheque/draft to your nearest HSBC branch. Log on to www.hsbc.co.inwww.hsbc.co.in Visit HSBC India home page to view a list of our branches.
- Phone Banking*:
Make a PIN verified call and make your payment over the phone.
- Through ATMs:
Deposit cash or cheque at any HSBC ATM in India. You could also make an ATM Funds Transfer.
- Over the Counter+:
Pay by cash or cheque at any HSBC branch in India.
Terms and conditions for HSBC's Verified by VISA - HSBC credit card
Terms and Conditions for HSBC's MasterCard® SecureCodeTM
Terms & Conditions
* This service is applicable for only those merchants who are registered with Verified by VISA and/or MasterCard® SecureCodeTM.
If approved, your credit card will be dispatched within 3 weeks. Please contact HSBC Phone Banking, after 3 weeks to know the status of your credit card application.
Issuance of credit card is at the sole discretion of The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India. All features and benefits are subject to Terms and Conditions. Please refer to the respective web pages to know more details.
* Option available for HSBC bank account holders only.
** Option available in select cities only.
+ A 'Cash Payment Charge' of Rs.100, or any other sum as may be decided from time to time, will be levied for HSBC Credit Card bill payments made in cash at HSBC branches & drop boxes.
^This facility is for HSBC VISA Credit Cardholders only.
^^ Please note that after 31 December 2013, non CTS compliant cheques (cheques not compliant to the Cheque Truncation System (CTS) 2010 standards) will be cleared three times a week only, until 30 April 2014. Thereafter, they will be cleared twice a week until 31 October 2014. From 1 November 2014, such cheques will be cleared once a week only. This is as per the Reserve Bank of India guidelines. Do ensure that you deposit CTS compliant cheques (i.e cheques with CTS INDIA watermark) for your credit card repayments to avoid facing delays in clearance and late payment fees. If you do not have a CTS compliant cheque book, please apply with your bank for the same.
Issuance of Credit Card is at the sole discretion of The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India. All features and benefits are subject to Terms and Conditions.