Don't let the thought of having to transfer your finances abroad take the shine off your aspirations to work, buy a second home or move overseas. HSBC Premier can make moving and living abroad as easy as it is at home.
To ensure your move is as smooth as possible, we can facilitate transfer of your credit history from India to help you access similar levels of credit in the overseas country/region. Credit history will be transferred upon request from the overseas HSBC Group and will be subject to local regulations. Premier credit card and other credit facilities shall be granted subject to overall satisfactory account performance, availability of products overseas and local regulations and discretion of the Bank in overseas country/region.
- In case you are moving overseas, HSBC International Business Centre (IBC) can provide assistance towards opening of an overseas HSBC account in countries/region where HSBC Premier is offered, subject to you fulfilling local regulations and Terms and Conditions of the country/region where the account will be opened. In an event opening of account leads to any foreign currency transaction, please note that all foreign currency transactions through HSBC India are subject to Goods and Service Tax.
- Local country/region guides to help you prepare by finding out more about the country/region you are travelling/moving to
- Guidance from accredited and experienced staff.
Moving to India
Emergency services and international travel insurance
Who can apply?
To apply for HSBC Premier, check that you meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Maintain a quarterly Total Relationship Balance1 (TRB) of INR4,000,000 (rupees forty lakh only); or
- Have a mortgage2 relationship with disbursal of INR11,500,000 (rupees one crore fifteen lakh only) or more, with HSBC India; or
- Hold a corporate salary account under the HSBC Corporate Employee Programme (CEP)3 in India with a net monthly salary credit of INR300,000 (rupees three lakh only) or more into the account; or
If you're an HSBC Premier customer in another country/region, you're already eligible to join Premier in India - Simply speak to our Premier team for further help.