Unified Payment Interface and HSBC SimplyPay
Unified Payment Interface (UPI) is a functionality launched by NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) which ensures paying and receiving money is as simple as making a call on your mobile phone. UPI facilitate online instant payments in a simple and convenient way.
The key aspects of the Unified Payments Interface are:
- The Unified Payments Interface permits payments via mobile app, both sender (payer) and receiver (payee) initiated.
- The payments are carried out in a secure fashion
- The payments can be made either using Virtual Payment Address or Account Number/IFSC code combination.
HSBC SimplyPay App (UPI app) allows you to link your accounts across Banks using a single Mobile App. HSBC SimplyPay App allows real time funds transfer option to pay and collect money from family and friends in a secure real time manner. All you need to provide is your Virtual payment address (a unique address identified in the UPI ecosystem).
Features and benefits
- Safe and secure
- Instant money transfer and available 24X7 including public/bank holidays
- Send payments basis a Virtual Payment Address or Account number/IFSC code combination
- Pay to Contact / Collect from Contact (only if both payer and payee are registered on HSBC SimplyPay)
- “Pay again” from transaction history. You can pay to the same beneficiary again in a matter of seconds
- Send or Collect payments basis a Virtual Payment Address
- Prior beneficiary set-up not required
- Payment to merchants who are live on UPI
How to download HSBC SimplyPay
HSBC customers can download the app via the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
How to register on HSBC SimplyPay
- Register your mobile number and device
- Set your Application password
- Select your Bank and account
- Set UPI PIN for the account
Type of transactions supported
- Send and Collect Payments
- Balance Enquiry
Merchants live on UPI
- Tech Process
- CC Avenues
- Bill Desk
- Times of Money
- Shriram Transport Finance Company
- Meru Cabs
- Trupay India
- Akbar Travels
- Bajaj Alliance Life
- Ola Cabs
- ICICI Prudential
- TATA Sky
- Aramex India
- Mahanagar Gas Limited
You also have a crucial role to play in Online Security
Following are the measures to ensure security on HSBC SimplyPay –
- Install/update HSBC SimplyPay App only from Google play store
- Password protect your mobile phone
- Ensure that the HSBC SimplyPay app password is different from your phone password or the MPIN/UPI PIN, ATM/Debit or credit card PIN number. Always remember to logout of the application after you have completed the activity
- Install mobile security software to protect sensitive data
- Do take note of the SMS alerts/app notifications you receive on HSBC SimplyPay
- Clear all personal information from your mobile device before discarding it
- Don't install/update applications from untrustworthy sources
- Don't click on suspicious links/pop up/emails for upgrading the UPI application
- Don't click on suspicious links from email or instant messaging
- Don't share your passwords or PIN/MPIN/UPI PIN with anyone, including the bank staff
- Don't authorize 'Collect Payment' request until you have verified the source of the payee
- Don't choose automatic login options
- Don't store any login information or passwords on your mobile device (including SMS text)
- Don't use public Wi-Fi access for mobile banking
Visit our contact page to speak to us over the phone, email or online enquiry
Terms & Conditions
All trademarks are acknowledged and are properties of their respective owners.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.