Unified Payment Interface and HSBC SimplyPay
Unified Payment Interface (UPI) is a functionality launched by NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) which ensures paying and receiving money is as simple as making a call on your mobile phone. UPI facilitate online instant payments in a simple and convenient way.
The key aspects of the Unified Payments Interface are:
- The Unified Payments Interface permits payments via mobile app, both sender (payer) and receiver (payee) initiated.
- The payments are carried out in a secure fashion
- The payments can be made either using Virtual Payment Address or Account Number/IFSC code combination.
HSBC SimplyPay App (UPI app) allows you to link your accounts across Banks using a single Mobile App. HSBC SimplyPay App allows real time funds transfer option to pay and collect money from family and friends in a secure real time manner. All you need to provide is your Virtual payment address (a unique address identified in the UPI ecosystem).
Features and benefits
- Safe and secure
- Instant money transfer and available 24x7 including public / bank holidays
- Send payments basis a Virtual Payment Address or Account number/IFSC code combination
- Pay to Contact / Collect from Contact (only if both payer and payee are registered on HSBC SimplyPay)
- "Pay again" from transaction history. You can pay to the same beneficiary again in a matter of seconds
- Send or Collect payments basis a Virtual Payment Address
- Prior beneficiary set-up not required
- Payment to merchants who are live on UPI
UPI features now integrated into HSBC India Mobile app
We're continuously evolving and adapting our services to meet your banking needs. Now HSBC customers can access UPI from the HSBC India Mobile app, so you can manage all your payment and banking requirements in one place*.
- A quick and easy way to send and receive money using UPI ID in one app
- A simplified new design, built for speed and ease of use
- You can use your 6-digit mobile app log on PIN to perform UPI transactions within the HSBC mobile app
- You won't need to re-authorise any transactions using the UPI PIN which you created on SimplyPay
- Create your virtual payment address (VPA)
- Send or receive money
- Collect money
- Dispute management
- Manage Virtual Payment Address (VPA)
- Generate QR and scan & pay
- View your transaction history
QR is a new feature now available on the HSBC India Mobile app. To send or receive payments, simply scan or show your UPI QR.
How do the new features work?
Request money (making a request)
Request money (accepting a request)
Scan and pay
Manage VPA and account
Generate a QR code
Transaction history / raise a dispute
UPI set up
Download the HSBC India Mobile app
UPI is now available on the HSBC India Mobile app for HSBC account holders. Try out our new features today!
Frequently asked questions
Why do I need to download the HSBC India mobile app?
What services will no more be available after the integration into the HSBC Mobile Banking app?
Can I still use the UPI PIN set up previously on the HSBC India Mobile Banking App?
Are there any restrictions on the number or amount of transactions each day/VPA on HSBC India Mobile app?
If the transaction is not completed, will I get my money back, and how long will it take?
Terms & Conditions
All trademarks are acknowledged and are properties of their respective owners.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.