Before you begin
Make sure you have the following things ready:
- HSBC debit card* number, issue number and 6-digit PIN or
- HSBC credit card* number and 6-digit PIN or
- 10-digit Phone Banking Number (PBN) and 6-digit PIN
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) to register through Mobile App
- 10 digit Phone Banking Number (PBN) and Date of Birth to register through Mobile app
*You need to activate your card before you can register for online banking
There are 2 ways you can register for the service:
- Use the mobile app – this registers you for both online and mobile banking
- Register online – this registers you for online banking. You can use the same credentials to set up mobile banking too.
Register using the app
Then, simply register
Open the app, you will be prompted to select if you are a registered online banking user, tap on 'No'. This will guide you to set up online banking, mobile banking and your Digital Secure Key all at once. Your account will be enabled to use both our mobile banking and online banking services.
Watch how easy it is to register using the app
If you register online, you will only be registered to use online banking.
You still need to download the HSBC India Mobile app to set up your Digital Secure Key, though. You'll use this every time you log on to online banking.