If you are planning to pursue education overseas, we have got you covered with our range of solutions right from helping you to plan your finances to assisting you during the preparations as well as helping you transit and settle in your destination country. Choose where you are in your overseas education journey and explore the benefits and offers especially curated for your stage.
Explore HSBC's suite of financial solutions for your overseas education
Planning for overseas education
- Contact your Relationship Manager / branch for help with planning towards your financial goals
- Kick-start your child's overseas education journey. Start planning early and saving systematically.
Factors to consider :
- How much of your child's education will you be funding? You may have other financial goals and responsibilities
- Expert advice may help you understand how much you'll need to save and what is the best way to reach your goals.
Going abroad for education
- Initiate account opening before you leave for your destination country through IBC1
- Apply for a loan for education purpose through our partners at competitive rates to support your education costs
- Pay your university fees and accommodation expenses seamlessly with our HSBC Online Banking service
- Get access to an HSBC Premier Credit card for children (18 years and over) and a supplementary debit card for children (16 years and over) to use globally
- Get expert help on value added services offered by leading education consultants2, avail exciting discounts by making payments using HSBC payment modes
- Use our local knowledge to find out more about the country you are moving to5
Studying and settling abroad
- Pay your university fees and accommodation expenses seamlessly with HSBC
- Get Global Premier status in your destination country3
- Enjoy a comprehensive view of your HSBC accounts across various countries with a single login
- Make easy and secure transfers
- From everyday help and advice to fulfilling extraordinary requests, your Premier global concierge7 is here to help you bring exceptional stories to life.
Support for family
- Investment and insurance - build your wealth and secure your future
- Build a home of your dreams
- Use our digital banking features for a seamless experience
- Build your wealth - Wealth insights
Open NRE/NRO account and initiate overseas account opening in India via International Banking Center
Prepare for opening bank accounts abroad before you leave. Our team shall provide you with assistance for opening overseas bank account before leaving India through International Banking Centre.
Studying around the world
Our presence in the destination country of study may help you.
Enjoy special benefits from HSBC and partners in your overseas education journey
Embark on your overseas education journey with accounts and facilities from HSBC. Also, you can avail offers from education consultants2 and get expert help with shortlisting courses and universities, access sample essay writing and resume building templates. You can also participate in their webinars2 with experts on topics relevant to overseas education and much more. To fund your overseas education you can avail education loans at competitive rates from our education loan partners.
Terms and Conditions Apply6
Global Money Transfers Experience fastest mobile first international money transfers with HSBC Premier
HSBC Global Money Transfers makes it faster and cheaper4 to send money to family or friends abroad, pay overseas tuition, or transfer money to one of your international accounts. Whether you're a local or an NRI, you can do it all in just a few taps on your HSBC India app. You can use HSBC Global Money Transfers to send money to over 230 countries/territories.
HSBC Premier Family
Benefit from exclusive rewards, wealth management solutions and support from a dedicated family Relationship Manager.
View and manage your HSBC accounts held in different countries/regions conveniently in one place with a single login.
Articles for parents
Find top tips and information to support you as a parent. With our international banking, you can be confident your child can apply to the world's best universities.
Articles for students
We'll help you understand what to prepare, from managing your finances to applying to universities across the world. Get ready for your new adventure studying abroad.
Start banking with us
2HSBC shall not bear or assume any liability, control or responsibility for the quality of services, products, security / safety of payments, transactions or any other information exchanged between the merchant(s) and the Customer(s). Customers are advised to use their own discretion while placing the order(s), availing the Offer, sharing payment/transaction/other details or interacting with the merchants
4 Most HSBC to HSBC transfers are fee-free, but some intermediary banks may charge fees. You can see an estimate of the applicable fees when you review your transfer. The actual amount is subject to the intermediary bank and will be debited after you've confirmed your transfer.
Some banks may charge for incoming international transfers. Your payees will need to check with their banks on these charges as they vary and will be debited from the payee's account. We are unable to advise you on the fees applied by other banks for payments sent through Global Money Transfers.
5 Please note that this should not be regarded as an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase or subscribe for any product or offering by HSBC India and it is at the absolute discretion of the customer whether or not to go ahead with availing any products or offerings. HSBC India makes no representation that the products or offerings mentioned on these websites are available to persons in India or of any other country or are necessarily suitable for any particular person or appropriate in accordance with their local law.
6 As an HSBC customer whilst there are certain discounts offered by HSBC for availing these services, the services are being offered by service provider and will be subject to their terms and conditions. Prior to availing these services, you should read, understand and accept the said terms and conditions and proceed only if you agree to abide by the same. HSBC India does not make any warranties or representation about the quality, merchantability or suitability of the services offered by the service provider. As part of or as prerequisite for availing these services, you may be required to share your personal details and other details with the service provider. Any disclosure of information made by you towards availing of these services is at your sole discretion and HSBC India shall not be responsible for the same. The service provider may use the personal information shared by you for any other purpose (including marketing) and HSBC India shall not be held liable for such usage. All disputes with regard to the availing of these services should be directed by you to the service provider.
7Applicable to all active and qualified Premier Customers. Terms and conditions apply.