Why choose Motor insurance?
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company’s Smart Drive private car policy offers a comprehensive protection to your car and its passengers keeping you protected on the road
ICICI Lombard General Insurance has a network of 8,800 cashless network garages across India, 24x7 claim assistance, easy claim settlement process and No Claims Bonus (NCB) of up to 50% on renewal of car insurance from any insurer
To accommodate your car insurance needs, this policy has been tailored in 2 variants.
Plan UIN Number
Ways to open:
Features & Benefits
Cover includes comprehensive car insurance (if your car is stolen, damaged by fire or an accident). Third Party Liability (if damage or injury is inflicted to the car or property of a third party) Personal Accident cover for the driver offering a compensation of ₹2 lakhs in the event of death/permanent total disablement arising from a car accident.
- Basic Cover Benefits
- On road repair for minor breakdowns as prescribed in the policy
- Towing your car to the nearest garage in event of a breakdown
- Facilitating change of flat tyre(s)
- Lock out or lost key assistance
- Emergency fuel assistance
Road side assistance facility is provided within the radius of 25 km from the location of the breakdown
- Loss or damage to the insured vehicle due to, fire, earthquake, flood, cyclone accident, terrorism, riots, strikes, accident by external means, transit by road, rail, inland waterways, air or lift
- Personal Accident Cover for Owner-Driver: Compensation for death of the owner or driver of the insured car due to a violent, accidental, external and visible means while travelling in the vehicle or during mounting into or dismounting from the car.
- Third Party Bodily Injury Liability: Compensation for damages or liability that causes bodily injury or death of a third party due to a car accident.
- Property Damage Liability: Compensation for damage or liability to a third party property caused by an accident
These inclusions are only for the basic car insurance plan and do not include roadside assistance or any other add-on availed. We strongly recommend you to note the complete list by clicking on Apply Today.
- Common wear and tear of the vehicle
- Loss due to depreciation of vehicle
- Electrical & mechanical breakdown
- Loss or damage incurred outside the geographical area of India
- Loss or damage caused when driving under intoxication
- Loss or damage caused by an unauthorized person without a valid driving license
- Loss or damage due to nuclear risks
- Vehicle being used otherwise than in accordance with restrictions as to use
These exclusions are only for the basic car insurance plan and do not include roadside assistance or any other add-on availed. We strongly recommend you to note the complete list by clicking on Apply Today.
Key Things You Should Know
SmartDrive Private Car Insurance policy covers loss or damage to the vehicle due to various perils mentioned in the policy. Additionally it also extends cover towards third party bodily injury and/or death, third party property damages (up to ₹7.5 Lakh).
This policy also provides Personal Accident benefit to owner Driver (up to ₹2 Lakh) with an optional feature of wider Legal Liability to the Paid Driver.
Apart from the coverage’s mentioned in the policy, benefits can be extended to cover Personal Accident for the passengers of the vehicle (both named and unnamed) up to ₹2 Lakh per passenger at the request of Insured. The said Personal Accident benefit, if opted covers Death and Permanent Total Disablement for the passengers of the vehicle (both named and unnamed) due to accident while traveling in the vehicle insured.
There is a 15 day free look period under the policy which means that the policy can be returned within 15 days of the receipt of the policy document. However refund on cancellation of Policy shall be made only if no claim has occurred up to the date of cancellation of this Policy.This policy will be issued for a period of 12 months and can be renewed, if desired.
Policies can be cancelled during the policy tenure (as per the terms mentioned in cancellation section). Premium will be refunded as per the refund table mentioned in the policy document
Additional riders can be opted along with the standard coverage of the policy.
The policy covers any light motor vehicle used for social, pleasure, domestic purposes as well as for the own business of the insured. Any individual, corporate owner as well as the financier of the car can take the policy.
Purchase of insurance product is purely voluntary and is not linked to availment of any other facility from the bank.
Kindly refer to the “Key Exclusions” section to understand the terms not covered under this policy.
Apply for Smart Drive Private Car Insurance Plan
Want to talk?
Contact us today to have your questions answered
Ready to Apply
Complete your application online today
You might be interested in
Smart health insurance
ICICI Lombard General Insurance offers health insurance with a range of benefits to take care of you and your family's health care needs.
Travelling away from home for business or leisure without travel insurance can be quite worrisome.
Terms & Conditions
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation.
The Insurance products are offered and underwritten by ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd., ICICI Lombard House, 414, Veer Savarkar Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai – 400025, India.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India (HSBC) (IRDAI Regn. no. CA0016) whose India corporate office is at 52/60, M. G. Road, Fort, Mumbai – 400001, India, does not underwrite the risk or act as an insurer.
HSBC will receive 25% (of the own damage premium) and 2.5% (of the third party premium) paid as commission from ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company for this transaction.
The contract of insurance is between the insurer and the insured and not between the bank and the insured.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India does not underwrite the risk or act as an insurer.
For more details on risk factors, terms and condition please read the sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTITIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS. IRDA clarifies to public that:
IRDA or its officials do not involve in activities like sale of any kind of insurance or financial products nor invest premiums.
IRDA does not announce any bonus. Public receiving such phone calls are requested to lodge a police complaint along with details of the phone call and number.