A plan that combines the best of both worlds
Canara HSBC Life Insurance Wealth Edge is a unit-linked individual plan that combines life insurance and a savings plan. It's designed to suit your needs, recognising the importance of your life goals and helping you achieve them. What's more, it gives you and your family an added shield of life insurance so you're protected against life's uncertainties.
Plan Unique Identification Number (UIN): 136L085V01
Why Wealth Edge
Choose your plan option
Enjoy recurring income from your accumulated fund
Be rewarded for staying with us
Explore a range of investment strategy options
- Contributions continue in your absenceIf you choose the Premium Plus option, your premium funding benefit will ensure that targeted savings contributions will be made even in your absence.
- Tax benefitGet tax benefits on the premium paid subject to Section 80 C of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- The flexibility to tailor to changing needsYou can alter your premiums, premium payment term, policy term and sum assured when you need to. You can also opt to pay your premiums once, over a limited period or over the entire policy term.
How it works
Select your plan option and premium amount
Choose your premium payment term, policy term and sum assured multiple
Pick your funds or portfolio management options
3 Wealth Edge plan options
Depending on your life stage and personal needs, you can choose from the following plan options:
Invest Plus: provides life coverage during your policy term and the accumulated fund value at maturity.
Premium Plus: takes care of your family's financial security and wealth accumulation even in your absence. In the event of your death, your nominee will receive a lump sum death benefit. All future premiums will be waived and the nominee will receive the fund value, if any, upon the policy maturity date.
Life Plus: builds a reliable fund for you to draw from in your golden years and to leave as a financial legacy for your loved ones, all while providing life insurance up to age 99.
Policy term, premium payment term, and sum assured
You'll be covered under the policy term you choose.
10 to 30 years for limited and regular pay options, subject to entry age and premium payment term
5 to 30 years for single pay option, subject to entry age
You have the flexibility to choose the sum assured (amount of life cover). This is calculated as a multiple of your annualised premium*.
Minimum sum assured for limited and regular pay options: 7× annusalised premium
Minimum sum assured for single pay option: 1.25× single premium
Premium payment term:
|Premium payment mode||Minimum|
|Yearly||INR125,000 per year|
|Quarterly||INR43,750 per quarter|
|Monthly||INR16,667 per month|
|Half-yearly||INR75,000 per half year|
|Premium payment mode||Yearly|
|Minimum||INR125,000 per year|
|Premium payment mode||Single premium|
|Premium payment mode||Quarterly|
|Minimum||INR43,750 per quarter|
|Premium payment mode||Monthly|
|Minimum||INR16,667 per month|
|Premium payment mode||Half-yearly|
|Minimum||INR75,000 per half year|
* Minimum instalment premiums exclude goods and services tax as well as any applicable cesses and levies. The single premium option applies to the Invest Plus plan option only.
There is no limit to maximum instalment premiums, subject to underwriting.
Funds or portfolio management options
The Wealth Edge plan gives you the flexibility to manage your money, your way. You can choose from 8 unit-linked funds, or 5 portfolio management options to suit your investment needs. You can also opt to allocate your premiums to any, all or a combination of the unit-linked funds based on your risk appetite.
What's more, we'll reward you with loyalty additions and wealth boosters just for staying invested with us longer.
Things to know
Who can apply?
You must meet both the entry age and maturity age requirements for the premium band you wish to take:
- Invest Plus: entry age between 0 and 70 years, maturity age between 18 and 80 years
- Premium Plus: entry age between 18 and 50 years, maturity age between 28 and 80 years
- Life Plus: entry age between 18 and 70 years, maturity age at 100 years
Ready to apply?
Simply complete an application form online to get started in minutes, from the comfort of home.
Visit a branch
Apply in person at your local branch.
You might also be interested in
- Insurance is the subject matter of the solicitation.
- The Insurance product is offered and underwritten by the insurer Canara HSBC Life Insurance Company Limited (IRDA Regn. No. 136) having its head office at 139 P, Sector 44, Gurugram – 122003, Haryana, India.
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India (IRDAI Regn. No. CA0016) (HSBC India) whose India corporate office is at 52/60, M. G. Road, Fort, Mumbai 400 001, is the Corporate Agent of Canara HSBC Life Insurance Company Limited and does not underwrite the risk or act as an insurer.
- The contract of insurance is between the insurer and the insured and not between the bank and the insured. All claims would solely be settled by CHL Insurance Company Limited. If any claim or dispute is received by HSBC, it will forward the same to CHL Insurance Company Limited and would assist the policy holder/ claimant in trying towards earliest settlement of claim/ dispute by CHL Insurance Company Limited.
- All premiums are subject to applicable taxes and cesses, which are subject to change from time to time. Basis Goods and Services Tax (GST) regulations and notified GST rates, Central GST, State/Union Territory GST, or Inter-State GST, as applicable, and Cess as applicable, would apply on the fees and charges.
- IRDA regulations do not permit HSBC or its employees to pay commission, whether in part or whole, as an inducement to any person to take out or renew or continue an insurance policy of any kind. (Sec 41 of the Insurance Act, 1938 as amended from time to time).
- For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions please read the sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale:
SMS your query to 9779030003 to get a call back within 48 hours
Beware of spurious / fraud phone calls!
IRDAI is not involved in activities like selling Insurance policies, announcing bonus or investment of premiums. Public receiving such phone calls are requested to lodge a police complaint.