V-CIP is simple, safe and secure
Here's how it works:
- You can complete your V-CIP from wherever you are in India
- You only need your permanent account number (PAN) card and your Aadhaar offline Electronic Know Your Customer (eKYC) file downloaded within the last 3 days
- You'll need decent lighting and a good internet connection
You'll receive an email and an SMS with a link to perform V-CIP for your application. You'll need your PAN card and Aadhaar number handy for the V-CIP process.
Click on the link and accept our terms and conditions to start the V-CIP. Please make sure you are present in India at the time.
Confirm your identity by uploading your most recent Aadhaar offline eKYC file (XML format).
This should not be more than 3 days old. In case you do not have one handy, you can download a new one from the official government site. Here's how:
- Visit https://resident.uidai.gov.in/offline-kyc
- Type in your Aadhaar number and create a 4-digit share code
- Enter the one-time password (OTP) received on your registered mobile number and click on download
Verify your Aadhaar details and enter your PAN number.
Follow the onscreen instructions and we'll run a test to make sure your internet, your camera and mic are all working properly. You'll need to have your device's location on, and disconnect from any VPN while doing the V-CIP.
We'll connect you to our next available representative. If that's not convenient for you, you can also schedule your appointment for a later time – whatever works for you.
- You'll be connected to a video call with our representative. During the video call, we'll ask you a few questions to verify your identity.
- We'll also take a live photo of you, as well as one of your PAN card. (Our representative will explain how to place your PAN card in front of the camera).
- After everything is processed, we'll send a message to your registered email address letting you know if your application was successful.
- In case there was an issue where we could not verify your V-CIP application successfully, we'll let you know so you can initiate the V-CIP again.
Please note our representatives will be available from 09:00 to 20:00 Monday to Saturday except bank holidays.