Criminals are using the coronavirus outbreak as an opportunity to try to steal money
- by posing as organisations such as banks, government, the World Health Organisation or other health service providers or
- by pretending to offer things like a safe haven for your money or medical guidance.
It's important to be aware of the latest scams so you don't give away personal or financial information.
Protect yourself against fraud
Read about the latest scams
Learn about the latest scams and fraud criminals are targeting customers with and how you can protect yourself.
What are the known scam related to COVID in India?
We would like to urge all our customers not to share any sensitive personal or financial information with anyone to prevent fraudsters gaining access to your accounts.
How can I protect myself?
- Use only government approved apps for vaccine registration.
- Always register yourself only through authorized channels, authorized websites or mobile applications. Unauthorized apps and websites are designed as 'clickbait' applications intended to steal your personal information by exploiting permissions given by you in the application.
- Be cautious of the request for online payment / UPI payment collect request from such unauthorized / unverified registrations.
- Be particularly cautious if you receive a call asking for confidential details from someone claiming to be from the bank or the police or even authorities from health department.
- Guard your personal information and documents to avoid impersonation.
- Review SMS or email alerts as soon as you receive them and immediately alert the Bank in case you suspect any unauthorized transactions.
Featured help and support articles
Do your banking from home
We know that many of you are worried about how to handle your finances during Covid-19. So we'd like you to know that you don't need to go to a branch to handle most of your daily banking needs.
We're here to help
Help and advice for mortgages, credit cards, loans, savings accounts and business customers.
See what you can do through online and mobile banking without leaving home.