Save on rent while you binge watch at home
Paying your monthly rent on your home or business property can now be rewarding! Enjoy interest free period*,Reward Points and up to INR5,000 cashback when you pay rent on RedGirraffe using your HSBC credit card.
- Get 5 days cashback of 1-month's rent (up to INR5,000)
- Eligibility: A minimum of 4 rent payments (one in each calendar month) from 23 April 2020 to 31 October 2020
- Minimum transaction amount: INR20,000 (paid towards monthly rent)
- HSBC security device would be needed to add RedGirraffe as a biller on Internet Banking
What is RedGirraffe?
RedGirraffe is a platform that allows you to pay home and business monthly rentals with your credit card.
Quick steps to register and start getting rewarded
Step 1: Register on redgirraffe.com and generate your unique RedGirraffe ID
- Visit RedGirraffe.com --> Click on ‘Get started’ --> Select Credit Card --> RentPay.
- Fill in the details, upload a copy of your rent agreement and ownership proof > Click on 'Submit'
- You will be allocated a unique RedGirraffe ID (RG-00000XXXXX)
- RedGirraffe will verify the details and documents submitted by you and send a confirmation in 2-3 working days
Step 2: Register with HSBC Internet Banking and make rent payments
- Log on to www.hsbc.co.in --> Pay and Transfer --> Add biller --> Add RentGirraffe ID --> Make payment
- Enter your 6-digit security code from the HSBC security device
- Select 'Rental Payments' from the biller category > Select 'RedGirraffe' > Enter your 'RedGirraffe ID'
- Follow instructions and enter your 6-digit security code from the HSBC security device. RedGirraffe will be added as a biller
- Once the details are uploaded (from step 1) and validated by RedGirraffe, you can start making rent payments
Additional terms of using RedGirraffe:
- Additional charges applicable: 0.39% of the rent amount (minimum charges 39) + GST
- Settlement time: Around 2-3 working days from the debit date on your credit card
* Interest-free period is subject to paying the total statement amount by due date.
Terms and Conditions:
This offer is brought to you by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India ('HSBC') and RedGirraffe E-commerce India Pvt Limited (RedGirraffe). Any participation in the said offer is voluntary.
The offer is applicable to existing and new HSBC Credit Cardholders, excluding Corporate Cardholders (hereinafter individually referred as 'Credit Cardholder' and collectively referred to as 'Cardholders').
Cardholders are required to pay with their Primary HSBC Credit Card ('Card') using Personal Internet Banking(‘PIB’) to avail the offer.
HSBC Cashback Credit Cardholders will not get reward points; However, they will continue to be eligible for cashback basis online and offline spends as per the applicable product MITC. The cashback pertaining to this Offer will be an additional amount fulfilled as per the terms & conditions mentioned here.
The offer can be availed on Primary Card & is not applicable on Add-on Cards.
During the offer period 23 April 2020 till 31 October 2020 ('Offer Period'), Cardholders on adding RedGirraffe as a biller on HSBC Net banking (www.hsbc.co.in) and using their valid HSBC Credit Card on HSBC Net banking for making rental payments towards RedGirraffe will be entitled to the below offer('Offer') subject to meeting eligibility criteria, cashback calculation logic with sample illustrations is also shared below:
- Customers to get 5 days of monthly rental as cashback, maximum cashback – INR5,000
- Cashback will be credited to the eligible card within 60 days after the end of Offer Period
- Cashback will be credited only once for entire Offer Period
- Cardholders with minimum 4 rental payments, each one of them in separate calendar month during the Offer Period on same HSBC credit card would become eligible for cashback
- At least one transaction in each of the month should be minimum of INR20,000
- For customers making multiple payments towards one or multiple RedGirraffe ID’s or properties in a month, highest payment will be considered as the rental payment.
- School fees will not be considered for cashback
- Multiple payments towards one property or payments for multiple properties on same HSBC credit card will not be considered for cashback separately
Calculation of cashback:
- Eligible customers shall receive a cashback of 5 days of monthly rental, maximum of INR5,000
- Per day rent will be arrived by dividing the total rent paid during the Offer Period divided by number of months in which customer became eligible further divided by 30.5 (average number of days in a month), this to be further multiplied by 5 to arrive at the final cashback figure (capped to INR5,000)
- For total rent paid, only one transaction will be eligible in each month which needs to be arrived basis logic used in point 2 & 3 from eligibility
Illustration 1 – Total Rent paid by a customer in multiple transactions during 6 months is INR250,000, however the highest payment in each of the month is INR25,000, total eligible rent in this case will be INR150,000
Average rent per month - INR150,000/6 = INR25,000
Average per day rent – INR25,000/30.5 = INR819.67
Cashback – INR819.67 * 5 = INR4,098
Illustration 2 – Total Rent paid by a customer in multiple transactions during 6 months is INR500,000, however only 4 transactions in separate months are eligible meeting the criteria of min. amount of INR20,000
Total value of 4 transactions – INR300,000.
Average rent per month - INR300,000/4 = INR75,000
Average per day rent – INR75,000/30.5 = INR2,459.01
Cashback – INR2,459.01 * 5 = INR12,295.08
Cashback to be credited – INR5,000 (maximum cashback condition)
Illustration 3 – Total Rent paid by a customer in multiple transactions during 6 months is INR250,000, however only 3 transactions in separate months are eligible meeting the criteria of min. amount of INR20,000
Customer will not be eligible for cashback
A processing fee of 0.39% subject to a minimum of INR39/- plus taxes will be applicable on every transaction.
Cardholders shall have to register on www.redgirraffe.com by adding their tenancy details in order to create a valid RedGirraffe ID.
Once RedGirraffe ID is created, Cardholders will need to logon to HSBC Internet Banking and register RedGirraffe as a Biller under rentals category, using a valid HSBC Security device.
Cardholders needs to ensure they enter correct RedGirraffe ID on HSBC Internet Banking, failing which the transaction(s) may get declined.
Cardholders will get a notification email from RedGirraffe once the tenancy verification is completed. Cardholders shall have to make rental payments for the registered RedGirraffe ID on HSBC Internet Banking only after the receiving said email from RedGirraffe to be eligible for the Offer.
Cardholder shall be required to ensure provision of credit limit for "Rent + Applicable service charges" on HSBC credit cards.
Please note that it may take 2-3 working days from the debit transaction on the card account to the rent being settled with the owner. Cardholders will thus be required to transfer rent at least 2-3 working days before due date.
Payments shall only be accepted till the end of the tenancy period specified by Cardholder.
Changes to the RentPay details by Cardholders are subject to approval. Any change would only be considered in the current payment cycle if approved, failing which it shall be considered in the next payment cycle.
If Cardholder has opted for Autopay facility on the Credit Card, the monthly rental amount plus applicable charges will be debited to from the card & credited to the landlord's account every month automatically.
In case Cardholder wishes to disable Autopay, Cardholder will need to logon to HSBC Internet banking and disable the same.
In case Cardholder has opted for manual payments, the transaction presented by HSBC on the card account shall expire 2 days prior to the due date.
Rental Payments via RedGirraffe can be transferred to Resident savings account or Non Resident Ordinary (NRO) savings accounts only.
HSBC credit card holders need to add RedGirraffe as a biller on HSBC Internet Banking using their security device so as to initiate rental payments.
This Offer cannot be clubbed with any other Offer.
In case of cancellation/refund of transaction, (in part or full) standard cancellation/refund policy of RedGirraffe (as specified on RedGirraffe Terms and Conditions) will apply. In case of complete cancellation of the transaction by the Cardholder, the transaction will not qualify for the Offer. In case of partial cancellation of the transaction, the Cardholder shall qualify for the Offer only on the basis of the net amount paid qualifying the minimum transaction value as per Offer.
These Offers can be availed only if the full payment is made using an HSBC credit card. Transactions where payment (partial or full) is made using any other mode of payment (other bank cards or e-wallet options) will not be eligible for the cashback.
The Offer is subject to the Terms and Conditions of RedGirraffe and the Cardholders are required to refer, read, understand, accept and agree to be bound by them prior to availing the Offer.
HSBC does not endorse any specific service being offered by RedGirraffe and does not make any warranties or representations as to the quality, merchantability, suitability or availability of services on RedGirraffe. Any dispute regarding these must be addressed in writing, by the Cardholder directly to RedGirraffe or by calling/whatsapp on 8010191019 or email @ email@example.com or live chat on redgirraffe.com from Monday to Friday 10 am to 5.30 pm.
HSBC and RedGirraffe reserve the right to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these Terms and Conditions or to replace, wholly or in part, these Offers by another Offer, whether similar to this Offer or not, or to withdraw it altogether at any point in time without any prior notice. The Offer may/may not be extended as mutually agreed by HSBC and RedGirraffe.
HSBC and/or RedGirraffe reserve the right to cancel an order in case of any fraudulent activity including creating duplicate accounts, aliasing, placing multiple orders or violating the Terms and Conditions. Upon cancellation, the order will not be reinstated. HSBC shall not be liable for any refunds or compensation in case of said cancellations by RedGirraffe.
HSBC will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage whatsoever that may be suffered, as a result of participating in the Offer.
The usage of the Credit cards is governed by the applicable Terms and Conditions. Please visit www.hsbc.co.in for the same.
The cashback amount offered will not be settled in cash under any circumstances whatsoever.
Any query regarding the Offer will be entertained till 15 November 2020.
The Offer is valid in India for adults of a sound mind only.
This Offer shall be subjected to all applicable central/or state laws, rules and regulations.
This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000, and the rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
HSBC reserves the sole right to decide on whether a payment meets the eligibility criteria listed above. All decisions in respect of the Offer will be at the discretion of RedGirraffe and HSBC and the same shall be final, binding and non-contestable. Other than the specific entitlements available to the Cardholder under the Offer, any other claims with regards to the Offer against HSBC are deemed waived.
Any disputes arising out of or in connection with the Card shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts at Mumbai only. The existence of any dispute shall not, by itself, constitute any claim against HSBC.
The Offer is subject to force majeure events.
Tax liability, if any, will have to be borne by the Cardholder.
By participating in the Offer, Cardholders are assumed to have accepted all the aforementioned Terms and Conditions in their totality.