Save on rent while you binge watch at home
Paying your monthly rent on your home or business property can now be rewarding!
Enjoy interest-free period*, Reward Points and up to INR5,000 cashback + 3,000 RedGirraffe CASH Points when you pay rent on RedGirraffe using your HSBC credit card.
*Interest-free period is subject to paying the total statement amount by due date.
- Cashback - Get 5 days' cashback of 1-month's rent (up to INR5,000 per card)
- Eligibility - A minimum of 4 rent payments (one in each calendar month) from 1 April 2021 to 30 September 2021
- Minimum transaction - INR20,000 (paid towards monthly rent)
- 5% RedGirraffe CASH Points, up to 3,000 per month (equivalent to INR3,000)
- Minimum single rent payment of INR5,000
- RedGirraffe CASH points# can be redeemed to buy e-gift cards from over 260+ brands at discounts
Additional terms of using RedGirraffe:
- Additional charges applicable: 0.39% of the rent amount (minimum charges INR39) + Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Settlement time: Around 2-3 working days from the debit date on your credit card
Quick steps to register and start getting rewarded
Step 1: Register on RedGirraffe website and generate your unique RedGirraffe ID
- Visit www.redgirraffe.com > click on 'Get started' > select 'Credit Card' > click on 'RentPay'
- Fill in the details, upload a copy of your rent agreement and ownership proof then click on 'Submit'
- You will be allocated a unique RedGirraffe ID (RG-00000XXXXX)
- RedGirraffe will verify the details and documents submitted by you and send a confirmation in 2-3 working days
- Once verification is successfully completed, please follow step 2
Step 2: Register RedGirraffe ID on HSBC Internet Banking and start making rent payments
- Click here to register for HSBC Internet Banking
- Once registered, log on to your HSBC Internet Banking account > select 'Pay and Transfer' > click on 'Add biller'
- Follow instructions on internet banking and enter your 6-digit security code displayed on HSBC India Mobile Banking App
- Select 'Rental Payments' from the biller category > select 'RedGirraffe' > enter your 'RedGirraffe ID' and other details
- Select 'Yes' against Autopay bill pay set up for standing instructions, else 'No' to pay manually every month
- Follow instructions and enter your 6-digit security code from the HSBC security device displayed on HSBC India Mobile Banking App, RedGirraffe will be added as a biller
- Once the details are uploaded (from step 1) and validated by RedGirraffe, you can start making rent payments
Remarks: Please register on RedGirraffe and HSBC Internet Banking at least 3-4 working days in advance of your due date.
How can I redeem RedGirraffe Cash Points?
- Log in to your account at www.redgirraffe.com
- Click on the gift icon on the top right
- Select the brand of your choice to purchase the e-gift card, then confirm the amount and quantity (You can redeem RedGirraffe CASH Points against the applicable value of the e-gift card)
- Proceed to pay the remaining amount, if any, with your HSBC Credit Card
- Upon successful payment, the gift card gets issued instantly to the registered email address
Terms and conditions
This offer is brought to you by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India ('HSBC') and RedGirraffe E-commerce India Pvt Limited (RedGirraffe). Any participation in the said offer is voluntary.
During the offer period cardholders can avail the offer using their valid HSBC Credit Card ('Card').
This Offer is applicable to existing and new resident HSBC Credit Cardholders, excluding corporate cardholders (hereinafter referred to as 'Cardholders'). Credit Cardholders who have not repaid their minimum payment due within 30 days of their payment due date as mentioned on the credit card statement, will not be eligible for the offer. The Offer is not valid on Add on Credit Cards, Internet banking, debit cards, commercial and Corporate Cards issued by HSBC. Transactions where payment (partial or full) is made using any other mode of payment (other bank cards or e-wallet options) will not be eligible for the offer. Transactions where payments are made with HSBC Credit Cards using any e-wallet will not be eligible for the offer. Cardholders understand and agree that transactions/payments made through Mobile Credit Card or Tokenized Credit Card facility offered by HSBC will not be valid for availing the offer.
During the period from 1 April 2021 to 30 September 2021 ('Offer Period'), Cardholders on adding RedGirraffe as a biller on HSBC Internet banking (www.hsbc.co.in) and using their valid HSBC Credit Card on HSBC Internet banking for making rental payments towards RedGirraffe will be entitled to the below benefits('Offer') subject to meeting eligibility criteria, cashback calculation logic with sample illustrations is also shared below:
- Cardholders to get 5 days of monthly rental subject to a maximum of Rs. 5000 as cashback in their card account, during the Offer Period
- Cashback will be credited to the eligible Card within 60 days after the end of Offer Period. Appropriate cashback will be credited only on using valid HSBC Credit Cards on rental payments made via HSBC Internet Banking during the Offer Period for the minimum Transaction Value as per the Offer
- Cashback will be credited only once for entire Offer Period
- Cardholders with minimum 4 rental payments, each one of them in separate calendar month during the Offer Period on same HSBC Credit Card would become eligible for cashback
- At least one transaction towards rent payment in each month should be for a minimum value of INR 20,000
- For Cardholders making multiple payments towards one or multiple RedGirraffe ID's or properties in a month, highest payment will be considered as the rental payment
- Cardholders who earned cashback with the HSBC RedGirraffe Offer in the year 2020 will be excluded from this Offer
- School fees paid via RedGirraffe platform using HSBC Credit Cards will not be considered for cashback
- Payment made towards multiple properties on same HSBC Credit card will not be considered for cashback separately
- A processing fee of 0.39% subject to a minimum of Rs. 39/- plus taxes will be levied by RedGirraffe for every transaction
Calculation of cashback for HSBC Offer:
- Eligible Cardholders shall receive a cashback of 5 days of monthly rental, maximum of INR 5,000
- Per day rent will be arrived by dividing the total rent paid during the Offer Period divided by number of months in which Cardholders became eligible further divided by 30.5 (average number of days in a month), this to be further multiplied by 5 to arrive at the final cashback figure (capped to INR 5,000)
- For total rent paid, only one transaction will be eligible in each month which needs to be arrived basis logic used in point 2 and 3 from eligibility
Illustration 1 – Total rent paid by a Cardholders in multiple transactions during 6 months is INR250,000, however the highest payment in each of the month is INR 25,000, total eligible rent in this case will be INR150,000.
Average rent per month: INR150,000 / 6 = INR25,000
Average per day rent: INR25,000 / 30.5 = INR819.67
Cashback: INR819.67 * 5 = Rs 4,098
Illustration 2 – Total rent paid by a Cardholders in multiple transactions during 6 months is INR500,000, however only 4 transactions in separate months are eligible meeting the criteria of min. amount of INR20,000.
Total value of 4 transactions: INR300,000.
Average rent per month: INR300,000 / 4 = INR 75,000
Average per day rent: INR75,000 / 30.5 = INR 2,459.01
Cashback: INR2,459.01 * 5 = INR12,295.05
Cashback to be credited: INR5,000 (maximum cashback condition)
Illustration 3 – Total rent paid by a Cardholders in multiple transactions during 6 months is INR250,000, however only 3 transactions in separate months are eligible meeting the criteria of minimum amount of INR20,000.
Cardholders will not be eligible for cashback.
- Cardholders to get 5% RedGirraffe CASH Points (CASH Points), subject to a maximum 3,000 CASH points
- Minimum single monthly rental payment should be INR5,000
- CASH Points will be credited to the RedGirraffe account of the Cardholders by RedGirraffe
- CASH Points can be redeemed to buy e-gift cards at discounted price from various brands listed on the RedGirraffe website. The brands on RedGirraffe website are subject to addition or removal without any prior notice
- Cardholders can't pay full price for e-gift cards using CASH Points, they can only use a fixed percentage of CASH Points listed against each brand on the RedGirraffe website to get discount on e-gift cards. Cardholders will need to pay the remainder value of the e-gift card through their HSBC Credit Card or any other modes of payment to complete the transaction. Please note there may be an additional service charge levied by RedGirraffe for using credit or debit cards for paying remainder value of the e-gift cards
- CASH points are being offered by RedGirraffe directly and are subject to RedGirraffe's Terms and Conditions. For any concern or issue regarding CASH points Cardholders are requested to approach directly to RedGirrafe. HSBC shall not be liable or responsible for the same in any manner whatsoever
Cardholders shall have to register on www.redgirraffe.com by adding their tenancy details in order to create a valid RedGirraffe ID.
Once RedGirraffe ID is created, Cardholders will need to logon to HSBC Netbanking and register RedGirraffe as a biller under rentals category.
Cardholders need to ensure they enter correct RedGirraffe ID on HSBC Netbanking, failing which the transaction(s) may get declined.
Cardholders will receive a notification email from RedGirraffe once the tenancy verification is completed. Cardholders should make rental payments for the registered RedGirraffe ID on HSBC Netbanking only after the receiving said email from RedGiraffe to be eligible for the Offer.
Cardholder shall be required to ensure availability of sufficient credit limit for "Rent + Applicable service charges".
Please note that it may take 2-3 working days from the debit transaction on the Card account to the rent being settled with the owner. Cardholders are thus advised to transfer rent at least 2-3 working days before due date.
Payments shall only be accepted till the end of the tenancy period specified by Cardholder.
Changes to the Rent details such as Rental amount, landlord account details by Cardholders are subject to approval from RedGirraffe. Any change would only be considered in the current payment cycle if approved, failing which it shall be considered in the next payment cycle.
If Cardholder has opted for autopay facility on the Credit Card, the monthly rental amount plus applicable charges will be debited to from the Card and credited to the landlord's account every month automatically.
In case Cardholder wishes to disable autopay, Cardholder will need to log on to HSBC Internet Banking and disable the same.
Rental Payments via RedGirraffe can be transferred to Resident savings account or NonResident Ordinary (NRO) savings accounts only. Cardholders shall be responsible to ensure that the relevant accounts of their respective landlord/lessors/property owners are not violative of these norms.
HSBC Cashback Credit Cardholders are not eligible for the rewards points programme for the said Cashback Card but will receive cashback on all spends as per applicable product Terms and Conditions.
To avail interest-free period, payment for the total amount due as per monthly statement must be credited to the credit card by the payment due date.
Terms and Conditions of RedGirraffe would apply with respect to all rental payments, refunds and CASH points. Cardholders are required to refer to, read, understand, accept and agree to be bound by them. For more details, visit the RedGirraffe website/mobile application.
All decisions with respect to the Offer shall be at the sole discretion of HSBC and the same shall be final, binding and non-contestable. Other than the specific entitlements available to the Cardholder under the Offer, any other claims with regards to the Offer against HSBC are deemed waived.
HSBC does not make any warranties or representation about the quality, merchantability, suitability or availability of the services offered under this Offer. Any dispute regarding these must be addressed in writing, by the Cardholders, directly with RedGirraffe.
HSBC will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage whatsoever that may be suffered, as a result of participating in the Offer.
HSBC and/or RedGirraffe reserve the right to cancel a payment/future payments in case of any fraudulent activity including creating duplicate accounts, aliasing, placing multiple orders or violating the Terms and Conditions. HSBC shall not be liable for any refunds or compensation in case of said cancellations by RedGirraffe.
The cashback amount or CASH Points offered will not be settled in cash under any circumstances whatsoever.
Any defects, deficiency, claims, issues, damages or losses arising with respect to the product/services shall be the sole responsibility and liability of RedGirraffe and HSBC will not be responsible for the same.
Any query regarding the Offer will be entertained during the Offer Period only.
In case of complete cancellation of the rental payment by the Cardholder, the transaction will not qualify for the Offer. In case of partial cancellation of the order, the Cardholder shall qualify for the Offer only on the basis of the net amount payable.
The Offer is valid in India for adults of a sound mind only.
This Offer shall be subjected to all applicable central/or state laws, rules and regulations.
This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000, and the rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
HSBC and RedGirraffe reserve the right to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these Terms and Conditions or to replace, wholly or in part, this Offer with another, whether similar to this Offer or not, or to withdraw it completely at any point in time at its sole discretion. The Offer may/may not be extended as mutually agreed by HSBC and RedGirraffe.
Usage of the credit card is governed by applicable Terms and Conditions. Please visit www.hsbc.co.in for detailed Terms and Conditions.
HSBC reserves the sole right to decide on whether a purchase meets the eligibility criteria listed above.
The Offer is subject to force majeure events.
Tax liability, if any, will have to be borne by the Cardholder.
Please note that basis Goods and Services Tax (GST) regulations and notified GST rates, Central GST and State/Union Territory GST or Inter-state GST, will be levied on the discounted price, as applicable.
Any disputes arising out of or in connection with the Card shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts at Mumbai only. The existence of any dispute shall not, by itself, constitute any claim against HSBC.
By participating in the Offer, Cardholders shall be deemed to have accepted all the aforementioned Terms and Conditions in their totality.