Who is eligible to apply for an HSBC Personal Loan?
Currently, HSBC extends Personal Loans only to its existing resident customers holding HSBC
Liability Accounts, Credit Cards or Home Loan, or employed with select corporates
How do I avail of a Personal Loan?
You may walk into the HSBC branch to apply for a Personal Loan or reach your Relationship Manager who can help you apply for a Personal Loan. Alternatively, you may call our PhoneBanking number and we will arrange for a bank representative to visit you.
What documents are required for applying for a Personal Loan?
For applying for a Personal Loan, you will need to provide:
Know Your Customer (KYC) Documents
Proof of Identity (any one)
- Election/Voter’s ID
- Permanent driving licence
- Government employee ID card
- Defence ID card
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) card
- Aadhaar card
- Ration card
- National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
- (NREGA) job card
Proof of Address (any one)
- Election/Voter’s ID
- Permanent driving licence
- Ration card
- Society outgoing bill (only from registered societies)
- Electricity/Water/Telephone bill
- Gas bill (pipeline connection only)
- Property tax bill
- Domicile certificate with address issued by
- Municipal Corporation
- Registered rent/lease agreement (registered with State Government or similar registration authority)
- Latest salary slip (mandatory)
- Bank statements of the primary account for the last 3 months (mandatory)
- Acknowledged IT return (latest) for one year (optional)
- Latest Form 16 (optional)
- P&L account and balance sheet for the last 2 years certified/audited by a C.A. (mandatory)
- Acknowledged IT returns for the last 2 years (mandatory)
- Bank statements of the primary account for the last 6 months (mandatory)
How much can the customer borrow?
HSBC India currently offers Personal Loans ranging from ₹75,000 to ₹3,000,000. The loan amount and the tenure for individual cases are based on the sole discretion of the Bank. Your Relationship Manager or our representative can meet up with you and work out the eligible amount.
What are the costs associated with availing of a Personal Loan?
As a Personal Loan customer, you will need to pay processing fees along with servicing interest on the loan. The processing fee (and applicable Goods and Services tax) on the Personal Loan will be deducted from the loan amount disbursed.
Can I change my loan repayment instrument?
Yes. You can change the repayment instrument issued to HSBC for servicing the equated monthly instalment of your Personal Loan. Eg: Post-dated Cheques to ECS, ECS of X bank to ECS of Y bank. You can change the repayment instrument after paying the charges mentioned in the Tariff Sheet.
How will I receive the disbursed amount?
The disbursed amount will be credited to your bank account as mentioned in the Personal Loan application form. In certain loan takeover cases, the Pay Order will be issued to you in the name of the other financial institution (from where the loan has been taken over).
Can I avail of a partial disbursement?
The loan amount would be disbursed at one go. An option for partial disbursement is not available.
What are the likely dates for repayment through Equated Monthly Instalment (EMI)?
The EMI date can be 5th or 15th of the month depending on the date of disbursal.
How is the EMI calculated?
What happens if a customer misses the payment on the due date?
The customer needs to pay the EMI on the due date. Non-payment of EMI would impact, but will
not be limited to:
- Credit rating (reporting to Credit Information Companies (CICs))
- This will have an impact on other credit facilities availed of from HSBC
- The Bank may initiate recovery proceedings to recover the dues apart from the late payment charges
Do I have an option to pre-close a loan?
You can pre-pay the Personal Loan post 12 months of disbursement after sending us an intimation in writing and pay in accordance with the prepayment amount confirmation given by the Bank. Under the 30 Day Service Pledge programme, a customer can close the loan within 30 calendar days of the loan disbursement date, subject to the terms and conditions of the 30 Days Service Pledge programme.
Once the loan is repaid and the outstanding has been cleared, will the Bank send me some confirmation?
The Bank issues its customer a No Due Certificate on closure of the loan.
Can I make a partial prepayment towards my Personal Loan?
Yes. You can partially prepay up to a maximum 20% of the original loan disbursed amount per year, across 2 transactions in a year. (The year in such a case will be a period of 12 months beginning from your loan disbursal date). Partial prepayment can be initiated only after 12months of loan disbursal date (after 12 months of loan disbursal date for Balance Transfer cases); Any payment would attract prepayment charge of 3.75% of the amount prepaid or as per terms detailed in your Personal Loan agreement
Will my EMI amount change once I have made a partial prepayment?
You have the option of either continuing with the same EMI and thus repay the loan earlier than the sanctioned tenure OR reduce your EMI.
If you wish to change your monthly EMI, please visit the nearest HSBC India branch to complete the necessary documentation. You will need to issue us a revised Standing Instruction (SI) or ECS (Electronic Clearing System) mandate for the revised EMI amount.
What is the minimum and maximum tenure for an HSBC Personal Loan?
The minimum tenure for Personal Loan is 12 months and the maximum tenure is 60 months. We offer Personal Loans with flexible tenure of upto 60 months (i.e. tenure from a minimum of 12 months onwards with additional block of 6 months. You can choose a tenure ranging from 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48, 54 or 60 months).
How do I contact HSBC for any queries or service requests?
All account holders
The email address 'firstname.lastname@example.org' is no longer in use. If you are looking for information about our products or services or have other queries, please refer to our comprehensive FAQs. In case you’re still unable to find the answer to your question, you can talk to a representative by selecting the Live Chat tab on this page. Live Chat can provide general information on the products and services, but for information related to your accounts, please call HSBC Phone Banking.
There are three easy ways to raise a service request with us:
- Log on to Personal Internet Banking and send us a secured email. Click here if you have already registered for internet Banking. If you wish to register, please click here.
- Call HSBC Phone Banking : Our Phone Banking executives can process the following requests only when you verify your Phone Banking Pin (subject to certain conditions).
- Change in select demographic details such as mobile number, e-mail, mailing address.
- Request for select deliverables such as debit card, debit card Pin, credit card & credit card Pin.
- Maintenance requests such as placement of fixed deposit, change of maturity instructions, premature withdrawal of singly held deposits.
- Visit your nearest HSBC India branch.
If you wish to register a complaint, please complete an online form.
If your card has been lost or stolen or you suspect any fraudulent account activity or for any urgent matter, please contact HSBC Phone Banking.
Visit our contact page to speak to us over the phone, email or online enquiry