Why choose Travel Insurance?
ICICI Lombard General Insurance company limited introduces the "Smart Traveller" travel insurance policy to deal with any of the contingencies while travelling abroad.
Travelling away from home for business or leisure without travel insurance can be quite worrisome. Medical treatment for illness, cancellation of trips, loss of important documents or financial emergency are among the few risks that may turn your dream holiday into an overseas nightmare.
In order to suit the different segments of overseas travel insurance needs, we have tailored three exclusive product variants for online purchase for individuals and families.
Plan UIN Number:
Ways to open:
Features & Benefits
Single trip policy:
- This is a Single trip policy pre underwritten by the insurance provider
- This policy covers individuals with a minimum age of 3 months and maximum age of 85 years
- Minimum number of days per trip should be 2 days and is extendable up to a maximum of 356 days
- This is a Single trip policy applicable for individuals having valid Schengen visa and are travelling to Schengen countries/regions
- Minimum no. of days per trip shall be 2 days and is extendable up to a maximum of 356 days
Annual Multi Trip policy:
- This policy covers two or more trips to different destinations overseas during the Policy period
- This policy covers persons individuals with a minimum age of 3 months and maximum 70 years
- Minimum number of days per trip shall be 2 days and per trip the duration should not exceed more than 30 days, 45 days, and 60 days as per the plan chosen
Smart Traveller (Individual / Family Travel) insurance includes:
- Medical expenses for in-patient and out-patient treatment, medical aid for injuries, pathological tests, daily allowance, etc.
- Personal Accident, Accidental Death & Permanent Total Disablement incurred during the trip
- Reimbursement of actual expenses incurred towards loss of passport, travelers cheques, traveling tickets/documents
- Compensation for loss or delay of checked-in baggage
- Reimbursement of expenses towards trip delay and cancellation
- Damage to contents at home of the insured in India, caused by Fire, Allied perils, burglary while the insured is on an overseas trip
We strongly recommend you to note the complete list of Inclusions by clicking on the Apply Today.
Smart Traveller (Individual / Family Travel) insurance excludes:
1. Any pre-existing condition, cosmetic surgery, pregnancy, etc. unless medical assistance provided to save the insured’s life.
2. Losses arising from any delay, detention, confiscation by the customs officials or public authorities
3. Loss of valuables, money, tickets, passes or any other item will not be payable
4. Trip Cancellation and / or Interruption due to strike, plan change of the travelers, cancellation by an airline, or tour operator, etc.
5. Non Allopathic treatment e.g. - Ayurvedic, Yogic, Homeopathic, Unani treatment(s)
We strongly recommend you to note the complete list of Exclusions by clicking on the Apply Today.
Key Things You Should Know
The Policy provides cover against emergency medical expenses for an individual and/or families while overseas along with covering travel related contingencies like loss of important documents, trip cancellation/delay, emergency accommodation, Personal liability and financial emergency assistance, among others.
This policy also covers the Total loss of checked – in baggage of the insured for the corresponding flight of the licensed carrier. Other valuables can also be covered if declared specifically and agreed by the Insurance provider.
This insurance policy can be offered only for overseas travel.
Family Floater option is available under this policy and can be extended to the traveller’s family including spouse and to a maximum of 2 dependent children upto the age of 23 years.
In case of family floater option, the individual premium for the spouse would be a maximum of 75% of the premium for the senior most member insured under the policy. Premium for each dependent child would be a maximum of 50% of the premium for the senior most member. However the overall Sum Insured for the entire family as mentioned in the plan can be used by any or all the members of the family.
Purchase of insurance product is purely voluntary and is not linked to availment of any other facility from the bank.
This policy also covers the Total loss of checked – in baggage of the insured during the course of flight of the licensed carrier. Other valuables can also be covered if declared specifically and agreed by the Insurance provider.
Kindly refer to the “Key Exclusions” section to understand the terms not covered under this policy.
Apply for Smart Travellers Insurance policy
Want to talk?
Contact us today to have your questions answered
Ready to Apply
Complete your application online today
You might be interested in
Smart health Insurance
This comprehensive Health Insurance policy is flexible and affordable, available in 4 different plan options to suit your needs
Smart Super Health
Cover for hospitalization expenses incurred in India for treatment of Illness, disease or injury
Motor Insurance offers a comprehensive protection to your car and its passengers keeping you protected on the road
Terms & Conditions
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation.
The Insurance products are offered and underwritten by ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd., ICICI Lombard House, 414, Veer Savarkar Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai – 400025, India.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India (HSBC) (IRDAI Regn. no. CA0016) whose India corporate office is at 52/60, M. G. Road, Fort, Mumbai – 400001, India, does not underwrite the risk or act as an insurer.
The contract of insurance is between the insurer and the insured and not between the bank and the insured.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India does not underwrite the risk or act as an insurer.
HSBC will receive 15% commission on the premium amount from ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company for this transaction.
For more details on risk factors, terms and condition please read the Customer Information Sheet carefully before concluding a sale.
SMS: Claim or Service or Renew or Call Back to 5667700
BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTITIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS. IRDA clarifies to public that:
IRDA or its officials do not involve in activities like sale of any kind of insurance or financial products nor invest premiums.
IRDA does not announce any bonus. Public receiving such phone calls are requested to lodge a police complaint along with details of the phone call and number.